Help with Settings

Atmmk369

So I just recorded a video that is about 50 minutes long, and when I watched it over, the video would freeze on a frame for a minute or two while the audio would continue. I'm assuming I need to adjust my settings to record, but to be honest, I don't know what I should change. I have my specs listed below, if anyone could recommend me some settings for recording in OBS, that would be great. Also, I'm recording with multiple tracks, not too sure if that will change anything, but still.

Specs
- CPU
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz 65 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
- RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
- MOTHERBOARD
INTEL B75 (SOCKET 0)
- GPU
4096MB ATI Radeon RX 570 Series (ASRock)

sandrix

I would not recommend that you use multiple audio tracks, as this increases the chances of an audio lagging on one of the tracks.
Try to use 1 or 2.

Settings that I can recommend for you to record. In this case, you get high quality, but the file size can be large. Depends on content.
1677891922758.png

If you want to control the file size then switch to CBR 12500-25000 kbps. The quality will be worse, but you will know the target bitrate and size.

Now you can record videos in 1080p 60 fps without problems.
1677892034573.png

Lawrence_SoCal

That is an 11 generation old CPU, that you are asking to do REALLY computationally demanding work of real-time video encoding. beware your expectations

As for settings, start with auto-config options
then, next time you post, don't ignore the pinned post in this forum about posting an OBS log from a streaming/recording session
And expect to spend time optimizing at the operating system level for an under-powered system (make sure all unnecessary background processes aren't running, etc). there is no fixed answer/approach here.. it depends on your apps and workflow