Question / Help Help with bitrate/buffer or other settings

Dephy

So i have Win 8 3570k oced to 4.2ghz/Gtx 670/8gb ram/100mbit down/40mbit upload.
I Can set full hd 30fps high bitrate and everything, and my computer doesnt lag i still have 100fps+ in game, but my stream lags like crazy(for viewers while they watch on twitch.tv), like it frame skips and stuff like that. Right now i set 720p 1700/1700~(dont remember exactly, im not at home atm) 30fps, and this setting seems to run smoothly .
But i want higher quality in my stream.
What might be the issue? How can improve the quality, without lagging my stream?
Also i saw in other thread, someone wrote that if it shows green icon and not yellow and red while streaming game, then its good . Well i stream in maximized and i cant really check if its bitrate problem or something while gaming.

anhdvu

Just want to remind you that if you are not participating in Twitch.tv partner program, your viewers will need Internet connection with at least"your video bitrate" downstream to watch your livestream smoothly.
You may want to try to increase the quality setting (up to 10) and compression method (from veryfast to faster or even fast) to improve the overall quality of your livestream.
Just my 2 cents.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
video quality is best obtained by bitrate/buffersize. increasing them is the most direct way to increase your quality. you have 40mbit upload so you should be able to handle higher bitrates (3000-5000 should be sufficient for a fairly high quality stream) which would be plenty for a high quality 720p stream, even 60fps. you don't need to see the indicator anymore -- the "frames dropped" stat can tell you if you had any network issues at all after some time streaming. with your connection, you should be fine in the bandwidth regard.

as for stream lag, this can be caused by a number of things, but you have a great computer and great connection, so neither of those should be the problem. I don't have direct access to your computer so I can only theorize at what's going on, my initial suggestion is to try turning on v-sync in your game, it can help give the app some breathing room when you're eating up too much GPU. also, make sure you don't have your stream channel open while streaming, and that you don't have any unimportant apps left open that you don't necessarily need while streaming, outside of your music player, game, streaming app, skype/etc.

Animeruko

Dephy said:
So i have Win 8 3570k oced to 4.2ghz/Gtx 670/8gb ram/100mbit down/40mbit upload.
I Can set full hd 30fps high bitrate and everything, and my computer doesnt lag i still have 100fps+ in game, but my stream lags like crazy(for viewers while they watch on twitch.tv), like it frame skips and stuff like that. Right now i set 720p 1700/1700~(dont remember exactly, im not at home atm) 30fps, and this setting seems to run smoothly .
But i want higher quality in my stream.
What might be the issue? How can improve the quality, without lagging my stream?
Also i saw in other thread, someone wrote that if it shows green icon and not yellow and red while streaming game, then its good . Well i stream in maximized and i cant really check if its bitrate problem or something while gaming.
There are a few things you can do ... like lowering the bitrate or you can use an advanced option by setting crf ... so crf=20 and 3000/3000 may be a good place to start.