Question / Help Help!!! Stream Dropping Frames Due to bandwidth/connectivity

sensei secret

Hello there,

Long time user of obs, I used to stream long ago with little to no problem on a very bad laptop.

Unfortunately, now that I'm older and seeking to get back into it, I'm having major issues that I have no idea how to fix. Whenever I start to stream I get massive frame drops that total about 20% of the stream.

I've attached a log that shows exactly what I've been dealing with. "Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls"

Now this is very confusing to me as my upload speed for my internet is 10mb/s, which isn't bad, and I'm connected via ethernet cable.

I tried to decrease the bitrate to compensate, but even going as low as 500kb/s gave frame drops, which completely blows my mind.

I know for sure that my computer should be able to handle recording and streaming at the same time, it's not a hardware issue (especially considering the fact i'm using an elgato capture card for my nintendo switch.

For your information:

Streaming to Twitch
Server: NA: Quebec, Canada (which gives a bandwidth of 10000+, 15mb/s, and 100 quality on twitch test)

Streaming:
Encoder - x264
rescale output - 1280x720
rate control - CBR
Bitrate - 500
keyframe interval - 2
CPU USAGE - very fast

Recording:
encoder - NVENC H.264
rescale - 1920x1080
rate control - CBR
bitrate - 50000
keyframe interval - 0

Video:
Base resolution: 1920x1080
Outpul resolution: 1920x1080
Downscale filter: bicubic
common fps: 60

Advanced:
process priorioty: above normal

Just so you know, Only having streaming on doesnt help at all, decreasing bitrate doesnt help, changing the encoder of the stream doesnt help...

Nothing I do really helps, so please if you have any idea of what's going on and how I can go about fixing this, please answer.

If you need anymore information, feel free to ask

Attachments

• 2019-01-07 11-03-03.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 26

sensei secret

I decided to do a longer bandwidth test to the servers and I dont understand. I live in the middle of a city, how is my connection to the servers so horrible?

Attachments

• gzHzXBR.png
    gzHzXBR.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 64