Question / Help Help, Skype and Discord Black Screen

Harold

Disable hardware acceleration in both
Discord's settings - appearance
To successfully capture the new Skype for Desktop version, you need to launch it with --disable-gpu --disable-gpu-compositing added to the shortcut. To do this, right click the shortcut, select properties, and add the lines at the end of the Target field (after the " if there is one). Please be aware that this may impact performance

You CANNOT under any circumstances window capture the windows store version of skype, as microsoft actively blocks it.

JamisonBalls

I tried this and it isnt working for me any advice?
Im pretty novice to all this OBS

I have windows 10 64 bit
newest version of obs 22.0.2
skype version 8.32.0.53 desktop for windows 10
Have nvidia geforce gtx 750 Ti video card.

Read how to disable the hardware acceleration for windows 10 but dont see a troubleshoot option to change it.

Jack74

Hi Vflight, you can fix black screen error in Discord by updating Discord. To do that you need to tap the Windows logo key and R altogether to open the Run dialog, write %localappdata%, and press OK. Here double-click the option of Discord and Update.exe and wait for the updating process to finish. In the end, start Discord to see if the issue has been fixed or not. In case it doesn't work then remove the Discord cache folder. This can be done by exiting from the app and tap press the Windows logo key and R. Now write %appdata% and tap the option of OK Then right-click on Discord, then choose the option of Delete and start the app to see if the issue has been fixed. Tap https://appuals.com/discord-screen-share-black/ this website to find more solutions.