HELP! - OBS Crashes after about an hour of recording (Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device)

bleek7712

Hello everyone,

I've been having a major issue with OBS that has made me switch to Streamlabs for the past 5 months. Whenever I stream/record, after about an hour or so, OBS starts stuttering/freezing (it's always been after about an hour). It caused one of my recorded videos to have "crackle-y" audio after the "1-hour mark" and it froze my livestream on YouTube.

I think this problem is related to an update that happened to Windows or OBS (couldn't tell you which one) and the fact that I've only been having this problem ever since I started getting the Windows notification: "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" every time I boot OBS up. I didn't use to get this notification, I don't get this notification for Streamlabs when I boot it up, AND I don't get this notification when I run OBS on my other computer (Dell XPS 15). It's only on my desktop (Alienware)

Ultimately, what I'm trying to ask is "Has anyone else been having this issue" and "How can I fix this issue because I miss using Source Record"? I've uninstalled and reinstalled OBS and allowed it through the Windows Defender firewall and I'm still having this problem. I can't seem to find a solution anywhere online so SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Gracias in advance