Help! Audio stops synchronizing at minute 10 of recording

jaguaru

Help! The audio stops synchronizing right at the 10 minute mark. It lags and skips, while the video goes on normally.
This issue started right after the latest update. Before then, I could record fine for over eight hours without audio messing up.

The: Settings > Audio > Advanced > Disable Windows audio ducking (is checked)

I read a suggested fix to also make sure that the "High precision event timer" (in Device Manager > System devices) is disabled.

I did disable it; but it did absolutely nothing towards fixing the issue.

Is there a way to uninstall current version and reinstall previous version while this bug gets fixed?

Thanks!

Suslik V

...Is there a way to uninstall current version and reinstall previous version while this bug gets fixed?
You can try portable mode (read "If it was not clear" part of it): https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...»-when-opening-app-settings.82157/post-346499

And if you need "clean" setup don't forget about OBS hook files:
...Before you rollback to previous version of OBS you need to remove all files in the: "C:\ProgramData\obs-studio-hook\" - this is hidden part of the Game Capture of OBS. With the first run of OBS the hook files will be written again and their version will match the OBS...

...and if you installed Virtual Camera for OBS then it can be removed via the cmd file that is lies in the OBS folder (admin rights required):
data\obs-plugins\win-dshow\virtualcam-uninstall.bat

jaguaru

following mine is doing the same thing. OBS is great but the audio situation sucks. Is the a way to get around it.
I've used it for a number of years and this is the first time it falls out of sync. It happened right after the latest update; so, I imagine it's a bug that, hopefully, they'll be able to fix soon.

jaguaru

You can try portable mode (read "If it was not clear" part of it): https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/crash-with-«could-not-find-locale-ini-path»-when-opening-app-settings.82157/post-346499

And if you need "clean" setup don't forget about OBS hook files:

...and if you installed Virtual Camera for OBS then it can be removed via the cmd file that is lies in the OBS folder (admin rights required):
data\obs-plugins\win-dshow\virtualcam-uninstall.bat
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. It's a shame that what's set up and has been working great has to be undone in order to get the audio to sync again, due to some glitch in the update. It would be nice if the previous version were available, just in case the latest one caused unexpected issues; then, users can go back to it while the issues get fixed.

Suslik V

You didn't post the log-file, so hard to say if your issue was caused by OBS itself or not.
Maybe you forgot to update some external plugin?