Help adjusting my OBS settings to get stable fps in CS2

timon13337

Hello, I've been streaming on Kick for a while now and my current system can stream pretty much any game I play without any issues. Except for CS2 for some reason, when I streamed CSGO I had no issues but now since there's no CSGO anymore I get some frame drops and also no stable fps in CS2. When I'm not streaming I get about 250 fps without any drops and I think my system is more than capable of streaming CS2.

Here is a brief overview of my system also do you guys think it would be possible to achieve at least 170fps because my monitor is 165Hz and below 165fps it doesn't feel good for me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x 4,5GHz

GPU: ASUS RTX 2060 12GB EVO OC Edition

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz

I adjusted my settings a little bit already and it's getting better but I just don't know what the best settings in OBS would be to resolve my issue. I think it should be possible since other games work just fine and I'm playing CS2 in 4:3 1280x960 and all settings on low except shadows.
I'll attach screenshots of my current OBS settings that matter the most and an Internet Speed Test, if there's anything else you guys need to help me let me know and I'll upload it.

Hope someone can help, thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Internet_Speedtest.png
    Internet_Speedtest.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 220
  • OBS_Advanced_Settings.png
    OBS_Advanced_Settings.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 222
  • OBS_Output_Settings.png
    OBS_Output_Settings.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 210
  • OBS_Video_Settings.png
    OBS_Video_Settings.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 212

DylanHuang

Consider lowering your stream resolution to reduce the strain on your system. Streaming at 720p can often help maintain a more stable FPS. Additionally, you might want to lower your bitrate to further ease the load on your CPU and GPU.

ProPh1t

Hello, my dear fellow sufferer, I am faced with the same problem as you, only I live in Russia and the ping will be high, as well as the same problem, I wonder what your monitor resolution is, and if FHD, then try to put FHD on the input resolution and the same FHD on the output, at the same time, change the preset to P5 Slow (good quality) or to P4. Change the multi-pass mode to double pass (quarter resolution). Despite the fact that you need to stream CS 2 with a command to disable the trusted mode check. (-allow_third_party_software) - this is the command. but anti-cheat has been disabled in the game since February 7 and you will play against cheaters, even with this team you will be able to capture CS2, just display the game as a capture game-capture a separate application and with luck, just stretch the game at your 4:3 on the ob screen and try recording first and decrease or add settings Maybe there is simply no optimization in this crude game. that's what I could do to help) good luck in your endeavors)

DylanHuang

Consider lowering your stream resolution to reduce the strain on your system. Streaming at 720p can often help maintain a more stable FPS. Additionally, you might want to lower your bitrate to further ease the load on your CPU and GPU.
Another option is to use hardware encoding, if your GPU supports it. This can offload some of the encoding work from your CPU, potentially improving performance.
Regarding achieving at least 170fps, it might be challenging while streaming, but optimizing your settings should help get you closer to that goal. And if you're interested in enhancing your CS:GO experience, check out https://skin.land/sell-skins/csgo/ for buying, selling, or trading CS:GO skins. Hope this helps!