Question / Help Hearing voice through the headset but everything is muted

ScissorHands

I recently started hearing my voice through my headset again, I've muted everything in OBS and on my desktop and I have no idea how I can fix the problem. In advanced audio settings, I'm set to "monitor only (mute output). I only hear my voice in OBS. When I close out of the software, I no longer hear myself. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Log File:
https://obsproject.com/logs/sev2h__tahlHrZe0

koala

By setting your mic to "monitor only (mute output)" in advanced audio settings, you set OBS to send your mic to your monitoring device (which is probably your headset) and don't output it onto a recording or stream. It works just as you described.
If you don't want to hear your mic but only output the mic to the recording or stream, you have to set the mic in advanced audio settings to "monitor off".

The term "monitoring" means OBS will play the corresponding source to your monitoring device. This only takes place if you configure it.
The term "output" means OBS will output the corresponding source to your stream or recording. This is the default and will always happen unless you set the source to "monitor only".
You have 3 options: monitor only, output only (called "monitor off"), both monitor and output. If you don't want to hear yourself, set "monitor off".