Question / Help hd60s capture with OBS causing game to LAG

horsey89

hello,

I am new to streaming, I am trying to get everything working but I am having issues.

I have a custom build pc RYzen 7 2700x, radeon 5600xt for gaming and a macbook pro 2017 for streaming. I have bought the Hd60 s downloaded the obs link with ndi drivers.

I have managed to get everything working but as soon as I plug in the input to the Hd60 s my game suffers from really bad Lag making the game unplayable.

I have a DP cable going from gaming pc to my monitor (144hz) and a hdmi going from the gaming pc the hd60 s which is connected to the macbook pro via usbc

https://obsproject.com/logs/5gsP2JFvlLubdUVk - current log from an attempt. it doesn't matter if i have started streaming or not its just when I plug the elgato hd60 s into my gaming pc.

Narcogen

13:48:37.541: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 508 (44.3%)

It's also not clear to me you are gaining anything from using the MacBook in that configuration. Single PC configuration would most likely perform better, and the Elgato / OBS Link kludge with NDI is also less than ideal.

You would be most likely better off running OBS and game capture directly on your PC than going to a capture card, then to NDI, and trying to stream on a laptop using x264.