Question / Help Having HEAVY Issues with Screen Recording

fox_yuna

Hello Fam

I downloaded OBS a couple of hours ago to do some Screen Recordings of my Laptop for my students. At the beginning, everything was working fine but suddendly after restarting OBS nothing worked.

I can only do a Window Recording and not a whole Screen Recording. I already updated my Graphics Card, changed some setting on my laptopso OBS perfoms like in Windows 7 and also changed some specific Points in my NVIDIA Settings. For some reasons those YouTube Tutorials couldn't really help me out.

Does anyone know what I can do or does anyone ever had a similar issue ?

Log URL

Thank you
Fox

FerretBomb

Since Win10 1903, the method for choosing the GPU to use has changed. Follow the above to enable Display Capture.
Note that this will DISABLE Window and Game capture, which only work when OBS is running on the discrete (high-performance) GPU.

Display Capture should be avoided if at all possible, and only used as an absolute last resort. It is the least-performant capture method, and can cause problems on its own. Also, make sure if you are using a Display Capture, that neither Game nor Window capture are in the same Scene, even if they aren't being used. Create a new scene.

fox_yuna

Hey FerretBomb

Thank you for the fast reply on my post! I really appreciate your time.
I changed my Settings to Power Savings and now i finally can see my Screen in OBS. YES!
The new Issue now is, that as soon as i press Recording, it tells me to update my NVIDIA - but i already did that.

fox_yuna

R1CH Thank you!
This Forum is really amazing. Did some Test Recordings right now and everything works perfectly. Wish you all a healthy time.

Greets
Fox