Guide section on forum

Gorgatron

This should be really simple to make from my (really long time) understanding of running a forum. I believe we need a guide section. Along with that, an initial guide of setting OBS. When someone gets a capture card to work, they can post their guide. I've been looking at the AverMedia c985 and not sure if it will work with OBS.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I have a c985, and it works great. It's what I first developed my device plugin around. Also, yea, a guide section could be quite nice to have

Gorgatron

Jim said:
I have a c985, and it works great. It's what I first developed my device plugin around. Also, yea, a guide section could be quite nice to have
Jim, thank you for the response and confirmation. If you could vouch for the card, I'd like to know if the card is worth it. I will list my specs in a little bit. Xsplit is OK, and I liked FFsplit, but ffsplit loses it's connection. So far the only thing I think holding OBS back is the option to locally record every stream. If you could include that somehow, I know OBS will dominate.

Also if you could write the c985 guide (if that is not too much trouble), I am sure you will get more people to try this program. I really like what you did for. Soon I wish to make a paypal donation to keep the project going.

Specs:
i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz
560ti > asus 120hz monitor
800gts > 2x 60hz monitors
8gb DDR3 1866mhz
Asus P8P67 Evo Rev 3.0 mobo
Asus Xonar DX soundcard

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
So far the only thing I think holding OBS back is the option to locally record every stream.

It exists in the Video section. You can set it to record to file as well as stream.

Gorgatron

Warchamp7 said:
So far the only thing I think holding OBS back is the option to locally record every stream.

It exists in the Video section. You can set it to record to file as well as stream.
Don't you mean Broadcast settings? Doesn't it record once only? The file to path option requires you to name it. So if I'm correct. Everytime you stream you have to manually save the file, I mean an automatic local recording like how FFsplit can do.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
Yeah, I meant Broadcast, my mistake.

It's not once only, every time you click Start Streaming it'll record to a file if you have that set. If the filename you have specified exists, it won't overwrite it, it'll just append a number to it. (Recording, Recording (2), Recording (3), etc.)

Gorgatron

Warchamp7 said:
Yeah, I meant Broadcast, my mistake.

It's not once only, every time you click Start Streaming it'll record to a file if you have that set. If the filename you have specified exists, it won't overwrite it, it'll just append a number to it. (Recording, Recording (2), Recording (3), etc.)

Oh. Perfect then. I didn't really try it so I assumed that method wouldn't work. I will try it later. Thanks for shining the light for me.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin
No problem, just make sure to include the file extension in the path you specify (Either .mp4 or .flv)