Guidance on intermittent issue w. recording and hotkey'ing microphone

ScubyFlying

Hello,

I have been searching a lot about an issue I'm encountering, but it seems I'm unable to pinpoint the root cause and solution. I hope to find some more guidance or insights on where to look and fix this issue.

Issue: when one of my hotkeys are pressed and hold (HOME or SCROLL LOCK), which are programmed to function as PTT for my microphone, it appears that during one continues recording session and with repetitive use of those hotkeys, sometimes while pressing my voice was not being recorded (or very incidentally only partly recorded). If I have to guess, within one recording session, perhaps 60% of my voice was being recorded OK, 38% no voice recording, and 2% partly.

Context: I'm using the latest OBS to record my flight simulator sessions, in which those same hotkeys PTT my voice over the in-session radio's. I know that the keys are at least being received by the flight sim program, since those hotkeys give A. a very distinct image/audio feedback in the cockpit, and b. my multiplayer friends heared and responded to all of my radio transmits. I'm using Joystick Gremlin / Virtual Joystick to emulate those hotkeys.

As mentioned, only very incidentally my voice was being partly recorded: after pressing, the first few seconds of voice are missing in the recording, and then the voice continues as expected. Could the plugin be a factor and how?

For image recording, I'm using the latest OpenXR OBS Mirror by Jabbah as a plugin. I have set OBS to (always) run as administrator, according to instructions. There are no image encoding issues or performance issues (CPU load avg. 0.7% typically). Could administrator be a factor and how? Or admin state between programs?

Next, I have set both desktop audio stream and microphone audio stream to combine those into one audio Track (Track 1). No other Tracks active. Next, for microphone, I'm using the Reaper (https://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/plugin) plugin to EQ/whitenoise my voice recording. This is configured by VST's. Could the combining into Track 1 be a factor and how? Or some requirements for the plugin not being met?

As mentioned, I have evidence that the hotkeys are always being received by the flight simulator program, but I have no evidence whether another key was pressed at the same time. I know from research that OBS can be picky with that. However, I do have a bit of evidence that sometimes my voice was partly recorded. In those cases, I found it the be highly unlikely that another key was being pressed at that time.

While in Windows desktop, with OBS recording, and testing the hotkeys by both keyboard and Joystick Gremlin / Virtual Joystick emulation, I could not find any problems or misses in my voice audio recording including EQ: 100% sucess rate. Both with OBS as active window and in the background. Could the flight sim be a factor (like absorbing the key sometimes somehow) and how?

I hope that somebody can help me look in the right direction to solve this issue, or even better help me to the solution. I'm hoping for 100% succes rate with my hotkeys. :)

Kind regards,
Scuby