Resource icon

Free GreenCam pre-v1.0.0

nhtua

nhtua submitted a new resource:

GreenCam - a virtual green backdrop for your webcam

GreenCam is a virtual green backdrop for OBS Studio. Yep! You are not crazy. It basically replaces every thing around you by green color. So that you can use the Chroma Key filter in OBS Studio to put yourself in any other video. GreenCam is powered by a machine learning technology called Tensorflow and its public model BodyPix.

I do a lot of live-streaming at...

Read more about this resource...

Hi nhtua,
This ia really exciting! I've been wanting this feature since the beginning. However, I don't know how to install it or use it. Is it for the Mac? Can you post some directions or a vid? Thanks.

nhtua

Hi nhtua,
This ia really exciting! I've been wanting this feature since the beginning. However, I don't know how to install it or use it. Is it for the Mac? Can you post some directions or a vid? Thanks.
I only have document for Windows/Linux. Sorry I haven't tested it with Mac yet.
But the idea is:
- Enable two extra configurations `--enable-gpu --enable-media-stream` for OBS
- Then using Browser plugin loads the webpage https://greencam.netlify.app

I only have document for Windows/Linux. Sorry I haven't tested it with Mac yet.
But the idea is:
- Enable two extra configurations `--enable-gpu --enable-media-stream` for OBS
- Then using Browser plugin loads the webpage https://greencam.netlify.app
Thank You so much for your quick response. However, I am not that technical. I will try your instructions, but I may need to wait until you or someone demonstrates it on Youtube or something. You're awesome for doing this. I own a Mac, but I am using Virtualbox with Win.10. so I plan to keep trying. Thanks!

Thank You so much for your quick response. However, I am not that technical. I will try your instructions, but I may need to wait until you or someone demonstrates it on Youtube or something. You're awesome for doing this. I own a Mac, but I am using Virtualbox with Win.10. so I plan to keep trying. Thanks!
Well, I followed the easy way and downloaded the necessary software, but I don't know how to enable `--enable-gpu --enable-media-stream` for OBS. I am not sure how to go about it. It's trying to load, but it can't. Probably because I need the aforementioned software. Thanks.

Well, I followed the easy way and downloaded the necessary software, but I don't know how to enable `--enable-gpu --enable-media-stream` for OBS. I am not sure how to go about it. It's trying to load, but it can't. Probably because I need the aforementioned software. Thanks.
I don't have window capture composite as an option following the easy way. Thanks.

nhtua

I don't have window capture composite as an option following the easy way. Thanks.
I'm sorry for that. I don't have a chance to test in MacOS soon. You may want to update latest OBS 26. It may help you have Browser or WIndow Capture plugin. Good luck!!

Just to clarify. I was using Win. 10 in Vbox. Thank You so much though. Keep up the good work! I'm sure in time yourself or someone will update it.

nhtua

@soham797 I' afraid the answer is no. GreenCam need a Graphic Card to process video's frames. So performance almost bases on the graphic card. I can upgrade the algorithm but won't archive many improvements.

Hi nhtua, In your long directions, what I am having difficulty understanding is how you have you in the green screen when you are at your website https://greencam.netlify.app. Do you need to set your browser a certain way to include a camera pointing at yourself in order to have a green screen? Or, maybe you stated the over all goal first then the directions began? Thank You for your efforts. By the way, in answer to your suggestion I am running the latest OBS 26.02 on Win 10. Vbox, but don't have the option "Window Capture XComposite" as an option. Thanks for your efforts.

I took a risk and I think I successfully installed "enable-gpu --enable-media-stream` for OBS" I'm really happy about that, but unfortunately I have problems loading your site in. I do get it, but needed to restart the Vbox so now it's loading.

THE R3Y3S

Hi man, just a question. I tried to use this feature with my camera and camlink 4k, but when i try to use it i have a problem and naturally green screen capture only a small portion of my camera. What i can do to "resize" resolution of my camera with your link?

nhtua

Hi man, just a question. I tried to use this feature with my camera and camlink 4k, but when i try to use it i have a problem and naturally green screen capture only a small portion of my camera. What i can do to "resize" resolution of my camera with your link?
Thanks for reporting the problem. My webcam is only 640x480 resolution and I built this app base on it. I think I know how to fix it. Will update it ASAP!!