Kinixfox

Good morning as of writing this, I'm Kinix. I've encountered an issue with OBS where for whatever reason my monitor, the graphics, or the color of the program itself flickers green rapidly. I don't know the exact source of the flickering but it appears to consistently occur while editing the asset under filters.
This problem can occur under:
- Image Mask/Blend
- Color Correction
- Crop/Pad
The flickering is client side, and only appears on the user's (my) side... It does not appear in recordings while using OBS, nor does it appear on live streams. It does not occur outside the OBS window, and seems to affect the entire screen while OBS is in the foreground.

These conditions make me think there's something going on between OBS and the GPU which affects the display. I don't have an exact idea on what could be affecting it but I can say it consistently starts in the aforementioned settings, and only appears while in the filters menu. As of now I have not been able to make it happen under any other menu, or outside the program itself.

The specs of my system are as follows:
Monitor: MSI G244F
- Running on display resolution 1920 x 1080 at 120 hz
- Adaptive Sync enabled
- Pro Mode sRGB
- HDCR Off
- MPRT Off
- Image Enhancement Off
- DP Overclocking Off
- HDMI CEC Off

GPU AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
As of now I am running stock settings with no Overclocking
Additionally I ensured that under Window's Display Settings > Graphics that OBS.exe is running on this card.

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core
As of now I am running stock settings with no overclocking

Windows 11 latest stable update

Currently connected from the GPU to the monitor with HDMI

I've already attempted resetting the drivers, checking for updates, disabling hardware acceleration in OBS, restoring default display settings.

While writing this, I figured out that Freesync may be the cause... This is enabled by default on installation of Adrenaline.
I'll go ahead and post this anyways as it may be helpful to others who have issues similar to this.

Attachments

• 20240324_105519 - frame at 0m0s.jpg
    20240324_105519 - frame at 0m0s.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 7

Kinixfox

I don't know the direct cause of the flickering between freesync, OBS, my resolution/refresh rate and/or my GPU. But I did a bug report to AMD.