GoXLR Broadcast Stream Mix distortion/interference in OBS

NordicGamerDad

As the title says, I'm getting distortion/interference when using GoXLR Broadcast Stream Mix as an audio source in OBS 27.0.1 64-bit. I have tried bringing it in through global Aux/Mic (File->Settings) and as a separate source to a specific scene. If I bring GoXLR Game and Chat Mic sources separately to the scene they are loud and clear. I have also tested Broadcast Stream Mix as a mic with Adobe Audition and with it, the recording is loud and clear. So, the "weirdness" is in GoXLR - OBS interface and not in Broadcast Stream Mix (which would indicate an internal GoXLR issue). For me, it's a bit strange that Chat Mic is clear but Stream Mix is not, because they both are GoXLR input sources and should use the same driver.

I have also tested with two types of video sources: window capture and game capture, but the results are the same with both.

My GoXLR app version is 1.3.3.130 and hardware version 1.0.10.33.

Any insights on how to resolve this? I think it did work before, I just noticed it yesterday when recording a game after a long break (debugging this moring). So might be an issue with the latest OBS version. I have definitely updated OBS after my previous recording.

konsolenritter

tried bringing it in through global Aux/Mic (File->Settings) and as a separate source to a specific scene.

Is your "and" meant exactly what it says? Then you doubled that source: as global mic/aux **and** in a scene. Globally mapped audio devices are available in every scene already. When the sound is mud/distorted, are there two track-meters going in the audio mixer?

NordicGamerDad

Is your "and" meant exactly what it says? Then you doubled that source: as global mic/aux **and** in a scene. Globally mapped audio devices are available in every scene already. When the sound is mud/distorted, are there two track-meters going in the audio mixer?
Well "or" might have been more accurate. I tried both options independently. Only one audio source at the time. So, no doubling of the source.

NordicGamerDad

Hhhmh. Sounds like doubled routing anyway. How sounds it, what do you think?
To me, it sounds more like interference, not doubling. That's why my first guess for the source was hardware. So I disconnected and powered off my bt headphone transmitter, disconnected speakers from the GoXLR, etc. But those didn't have any effect. And the test with Auditon more or less confirmed that it was not hardware. There the Stream Mix sounded good with everything on.
To troubleshoot routing I did those two games. In one of them I can choose from the game to route sound to GoXLR Game and with the other, I have to use windows sound settings to choose the GoXLR Game for the sound output. Both sound the same i.e. equally bad. The same interference is heard if I keep the game sound output on default at windows settings (GoXLR System).

konsolenritter

Did you mixed up the two links? The example in the first link sounds clear and calm.

The second one sounds totally chopped! And seems to be a false downtempo version of the first one. So it sounds to me like a contradiction or discrepancy in samplerate. (Errors in samplerate often result in such choppy sound due to continous buffer-underruns in the driver.) Sorry that i can't help out more in the moment...

JakeyBoyPro

I figured out a fix that I had similar to your issue.

All I did in the Sound Control Panel on Windows was disable the Broadcast Stream Mix recording device and re-enable it and it has fixed my issue, hopefully it does the same for you :)

Orcish Outlaw

I just registered to say,
Love you man! been trying in Streamlabs like everything but nothing fixed it except your suggestion.
Bravo!

CaptainCollins

Had the same issue yesterday.
For everyone that will find this threat: Take a look at "Sound" -> "Recording" tab -> right click "Broadcast Stream Mix" -> Properties -> "Levels" tab -> Make sure it's at 100 (and not 0, like it was for me for whatever reason...)
Cheers