GoPro Hero7 Black low quality on OBS

ilwoody

Hello guys, I really need the help of you genius!
In my setup I'm using my GoPro Hero7 Black for recording (I don't do streaming).

Although I set up some good lighting, the image flickers a lot as it was a low quality cam, nothing compared to the GoPro quality.

See video of what I'm talking about. The GoPro camera is taking the real piano keyboard with my hand moving. Front camera is a Logitech StreamCam.

I'm using the Elgato CamLink 4k for connection and I set it up already at 1080p with 60fps, so that it works at max quality.
I'm also recording in OBS in 60fps, but still the image is really bad.

The keyboard is very well lit, maybe the floor is a bit dark but it doesn't explain to me this low quality.

Do you have any clues on how I can improve the video quality. I understand that the GoPro recording with OBS might not be as nice as its normal use, but I wish to get rid of the flickers at least!

Thank you guys for your precious help!

Tomasz Góral

It is the fault of a wrong frequency of the current in the camera. There are two kinds of 50Hz (Europe) and 60Hz (US). Select correct value (in camera).

ilwoody

It is the fault of a wrong frequency of the current in the camera. There are two kinds of 50Hz (Europe) and 60Hz (US). Select correct value (in camera).
Thanks for that. I tried both (I suppose it was the PAL or NTSC settings) but really nothing changed. Still flickers everywhere

Tomasz Góral

You didn't say what your camera settings are, the flicker comes from a bad match to the light, unless the light is flashing in an unusual way (it happens with cheap led lamps)