Resource icon

Getting Started [Video]

Chimera's Realm

Chimera's Realm submitted a new resource:

Getting Started - The basics of how to start recording your gaming content with OBS

Part 1 in a series that teaches you how to get started on YouTube. I discuss the basics of Open Broadcaster Software and how to begin recording your gaming content.

Have questions? Preferably, please ask your questions on the YouTube page for this video rather than this forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izahV-fMdWM

Read more about this resource...

Shooter90

Have a like. Hope you update this guide.

Also any idea how much space I would be saving if I switch from 1080 to 720? Ballpark estimate?

Chimera's Realm

Have a like. Hope you update this guide.

Also any idea how much space I would be saving if I switch from 1080 to 720? Ballpark estimate?

Thank you! I appreciate it!

I know you asked for a ballpark estimate, but I decided to do some testing. I recorded the same clip of minecraft for 10 seconds at 720p and 1080p. The 1080p file came out at approximately 1 megabyte and the 720p file came out as approximately 510 kilobytes. So, being that 1 megabyte is equal to 1024 kilobytes, using 720p instead of 1080p will virtually cut your needed disk space in half.

Shooter90

Thank you! I appreciate it!

I know you asked for a ballpark estimate, but I decided to do some testing. I recorded the same clip of minecraft for 10 seconds at 720p and 1080p. The 1080p file came out at approximately 1 megabyte and the 720p file came out as approximately 510 kilobytes. So, being that 1 megabyte is equal to 1024 kilobytes, using 720p instead of 1080p will virtually cut your needed disk space in half.

Good enough for me, stepping down res for my next videos.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator

ericericeric

Hello guys.
Please bear with me that I am totally new to OBS and Youtube being the amateur producer of some video production and Live Streaming.
I am new to OBS and I want to use OBS on my Youtube channel to make the Live Streaming.

I got one Youtube account and I am going to make 3 channels. And I am planning to Live Stream these 3 channels, saying 24/7 or 6 hours.
In this case, can I use ONE OBS software in PC to make THREE LIVE STREAMING on Youtube at the same time?

Another question is: what is the maximum Live Streaming I can make on Youtube at the same time?

Thanks for your guys' help in advance.

Eric