Question / Help Getting no Audio using Bluetooth Skullcandies.

Melivelina

This has indeed nothing to do with OBS. I came here because I had the same problem and when reading the comments I realized I should test this with Discord. The one other program I use my mic for. And indeed I got the same result. Basically the Bluetooth hs works as long as you do not need the mic. But the moment you open a program that wants to use the mic it gets screwed up. If I wanted to use both sound and mic and I had to switch the sound setting from headphones tho hand free headset but the soundquality was so horrendous that I decided to return my device and invest in an actual headset which saddens me. Because I usually get headaches from big headsets :(

BiggyMac

Similar problem here solved same way.
Different set of bluetooth headphones.
When I opened OBS Studio 64 bit 0.16.6, the sound in my headphones stopped immediately.
I went into Windows 10 "Recording Devices" and disabled my bluetooth microphone and sounds with OBS flowed through my headphones.
A+++ on this one thank you

DennisDaM

This worked with the audio but now the mic doesn't work with OBS. I want both the mic and audio to come from the bluetooth headset. Anyone have any luck with this?

Narcogen

Look up in the thread-- many bluetooth headsets cannot simultaneously send and receive. When OBS adds one side, either the input or the output, it keeps that connection open, and the other one shuts down.

DennisDaM

This worked with the audio but now the mic doesn't work with OBS. I want both the mic and audio to come from the bluetooth headset.
Look up in the thread-- many bluetooth headsets cannot simultaneously send and receive. When OBS adds one side, either the input or the output, it keeps that connection open, and the other one shuts down.
Damn! Thanks!

Harold

If you pair a bluetooth headset with your phone, start listening to music, then start a call, you hear a difference in the quality of the audio of the headset.
That's caused by the profile being changed from A2DP (stereo music mode, does not include a mic at all) to headset (mono calling mode, includes the mic)
The two profiles for bluetooth headsets count as different devices on computers.

Footdrummer

Here is a video that explains it all, there are a lot of comments which suggests running as admin would solve it.
I can't get that workaround to fix it. And as also suggested, I'm already running 64bit version.

I have Win10 btw...
And I have a bluetooth headset compared to the USB one mentioned in the video.

I am running And have the same damn issue.

Footdrummer

If you pair a bluetooth headset with your phone, start listening to music, then start a call, you hear a difference in the quality of the audio of the headset.
That's caused by the profile being changed from A2DP (stereo music mode, does not include a mic at all) to headset (mono calling mode, includes the mic)
The two profiles for bluetooth headsets count as different devices on computers.

I get this but how do you turn that off so that OBS will let you hear the aduio?

torq314

Sony Bluetooth MDR-ZX330BT here. I write this to share my workaround.

Problem: I use my headphones/mic set in all other apps with no issues. In OBS, when I start the app, I lost the sound, none of other apps (youtube in the browser) has sound. Also, when I record, the recording has no audio.

Just after I turn off the BT set, everything goes back to normal in OBS, I can record using built-in PC mic.

But I don't want to, I would really like to use the mic in my BT set.

Workaround:

* I start OBS
* I confirm there is no sound anywhere
* I go to system settings / bluetooth. I find my device
* I disconnect my device
* I turn off BT
* I turn on BT
* I reconnect my device

I confirm audio is back, I can play youtube videos and I hear the sound.
I go back to OBS, I record and I the sound is recorded correctly (the recording however comes from the built-in mic)

Gapfhog

Here is a video that explains it all, there are a lot of comments which suggests running as admin would solve it.
I can't get that workaround to fix it. And as also suggested, I'm already running 64bit version.

I have Win10 btw...
And I have a bluetooth headset compared to the USB one mentioned in the video.
That's the exact opposite of my problem...
When OBS runs, the audio for my computer does not flow through my headphones.

Similar problem here solved same way.
Different set of bluetooth headphones.
When I opened OBS Studio 64 bit 0.16.6, the sound in my headphones stopped immediately.
I went into Windows 10 "Recording Devices" and disabled my bluetooth microphone and sounds with OBS flowed through my headphones.

In 2020 this still works, in case anyone stumbles on this thread looking for a solution like I just did

lambertj25

Haha. Just came to this thread this morning because my Beats Wireless Studio kept shutting off when I'd open OBS. Disabled the mic in " "Recording Devices" and it worked.

d33pfr13d

This has indeed nothing to do with OBS. I came here because I had the same problem and when reading the comments I realized I should test this with Discord. The one other program I use my mic for. And indeed I got the same result. Basically the Bluetooth hs works as long as you do not need the mic. But the moment you open a program that wants to use the mic it gets screwed up. If I wanted to use both sound and mic and I had to switch the sound setting from headphones tho hand free headset but the soundquality was so horrendous that I decided to return my device and invest in an actual headset which saddens me. Because I usually get headaches from big headsets :(

Thank you. That helped me "fix" the issue. You can select the "Hands-free" Audio-Output in the Windows taskbar clicking on the little speaker symbol. Yes the audio quality isn't as good, but "good enough" to at least monitor audio during a stream where you want to record using the bluetooth headset :)