Getting Micro-Freezing Every Couple Seconds

d33KODE

So, this has been a recent issue after getting my new gaming rig. I'll list some specs below and have included the most recent logs.

Issue [tl:dr] - Every 1 to 2 seconds, whether I am actively streaming/recording or not, there is a skip in the output. It's consistent and no settings I have changed in OBS, Windows, NVIDIA Control Panel, or other applications has had any effect to resolve this.

Troubleshooting - I've toggled 90% almost all the settings in OBS for Video and Output to see if this was an issue with refresh rate conflicts. I've also managed 3D settings in NVIDIA Control Panel in the same way toggling each setting in turn to see if this has had any effect. Drivers for my graphics card are up to date. Windows Updates are current. I have tried restarting both computer and OBS prior to streaming with no change. Toggled Game Mode in Windows 11 and turned off the Xbox Game Bar as well. And fried my brain with online research to see if there was something I missed.

See specs below:
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050
- RAM: 8 GB
- Displays: Multiple with one HP Omen with 144 hz refresh rate
- CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 2022-09-21 13-33-48.txt
    320.6 KB · Views: 22

PaiSand

You need at least 8GB more of RAM.
Avast may cause issues, like many other antiviruses.

You probably installed OBS 28 on top of se.live, which is a no hell no.
Uninstall se.live, then uninstall OBS and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by se.
You can also get into the %appdata%\obs-studio and look for any remining files from se.live to delete them.
As you only have 8GB, don't add any plugin unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Follow directions and recommendations on the analyzer:

Now, please, as you open OBS new instalation it will prompt you with the Auto-configuration Wizard (or run it form tools menu). Apply the settings it gives you. Restart OBS. DO PLEASE restart. Test for more than 30 seconds doing everything you normally do. Post a new log of this test if further assistanse is needed.

d33KODE

You need at least 8GB more of RAM.
Avast may cause issues, like many other antiviruses.

You probably installed OBS 28 on top of se.live, which is a no hell no.
Uninstall se.live, then uninstall OBS and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by se.
You can also get into the %appdata%\obs-studio and look for any remining files from se.live to delete them.
As you only have 8GB, don't add any plugin unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Follow directions and recommendations on the analyzer:

Now, please, as you open OBS new instalation it will prompt you with the Auto-configuration Wizard (or run it form tools menu). Apply the settings it gives you. Restart OBS. DO PLEASE restart. Test for more than 30 seconds doing everything you normally do. Post a new log of this test if further assistanse is needed.
Excellent! I'll take it. Thankfully I will be getting another 8 GB of RAM soon. Just had to wait for the cash. I will update this when I've tested the changes. :D

d33KODE

OK!! This is fantastic. No more skipping in recordings or when OBS is just previewing the scene. I analyzed after reinstalling per instructions and tackled each issue the analysis presented in turn until I came out looking pretty clear. I have also posted the log as well.

@PaiSand Thank you so much for pointing me toward that tool and your help. I've been dinking with this for damn near a week. It's fixed from where I sit.

Current OBS Analysis

Attachments

• 2022-09-21 16-07-03.txt
    38.2 KB · Views: 27