Getting full screen in window?

jefferis

So, I am struggling with one aspect. The video camera we are using for live streaming shows 16:9 and only a portion of the screen visible on the camera is showing in OBS. Instead of either being able to shrink the video to fit or move the area of focus, we have to move the camera focus to center content on the OBS screen.

There has to be an easier way, and I'm just missing it. At one point I was able to click outside the box and see the whole video and then scale it with control corners, but I am no longer able to do that.

Any help appreciate. BTW, the camera is a Canon XA11 and a Windows 11 laptop.

TIA,
Jeff

jefferis

thanks will do. Is there also a way to use crop controls / corner controls to manually resize the content in the window?

jefferis

So, the transform menu item is greyed out, and ctrl / alt or just plain alt did NOT allow me to select or move or resize the display screen. ;-( Any suggestions?

konsolenritter

So you activated the scene, select (click) onto the source representing your XA11 and the transform menu is still grayed out? :o
Ctrl-F then should bring it back to fit under normal circumstances. While having selected that source you should see a red border on the preview window (do you have studio mode activated)?

jefferis

I did not have studio mode activated but I tried with and without it activated. I will have to wait till I get back to church to try ctrl F

konsolenritter

Okay. I checked myself: The red border should be visible for selected and available sources. So if i select a video device source that isn't current available (for instance capture card currently not connected) there isn't the red borders available/shown.