Bug Report Get randomly dropped Please help

SlicTrixTTV

Hey guys just looking for a little insight on why i keep getting disconnected randomly. Itll be fine for several weeks then boom i lose it several days in row. Not sure what it could be. Any input would help. Thanks in advance. I attached the 3 log files created during today's stream

Attachments

• 2019-11-11 19-15-21.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2019-11-11 19-25-50.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2019-11-11 21-00-28.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 15

Sukiyucky

It could be you are connecting to an old Twitch ingest server that is no longer maintained. The second log shows:

19:26:05.516: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live-ord.twitch.tv/app...
19:26:05.580: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (ethernet, 1000 mbps)
19:26:06.359: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-ord.twitch.tv/app successful
19:26:06.384: ==== Streaming Start ===============================================
19:28:39.569: User switched to scene 'PROMo'
19:32:10.767: User switched to scene 'LIVE'
19:32:10.771: A sprite cannot be drawn without a width/height
19:32:10.772: A sprite cannot be drawn without a width/height
19:58:45.562: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (4097 bytes)

19:58:45.562: WriteN, RTMP send error 10054 (80 bytes)
19:58:45.562: WriteN, RTMP send error 10038 (42 bytes)
19:58:45.562: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Disconnected from rtmp://live-ord.twitch.tv/ap

The dropdown list that you choose to select the Twitch streaming server seems to be wrong. In particular, the OBS services.json file is not updated to reflect the current state of Twitch ingest servers. Its using the old live-ord URL:

156 {
157 "name": "US East: Chicago",
158: "url": "rtmp://live-ord.twitch.tv/app"
159 },
160 {

Twitch says it's Chicago ingest servers on the Twitch ingest page are (live-ord2, live-ord3). So it could be that the live-ord server is running old service software or is a server with problems they haven't taken offline.

See if this fixes your problem:
- Go to the C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/obs-studio/basic/profiles directory.
- Inside this directory are all the profiles you created.
- Open up the service.json file with a text editor (*)
- Edit it to point at live-02 or live-03

(*) DO NOT SHOW THIS FILE IN THE FORUMS AS IT CONTAINS YOUR STREAM KEY

I would suggest marking this as a Bug Report (change from Question/Help) so that the developers can see this and modify the JSON file appropriately.

SlicTrixTTV

Thank you so much for the input. I was starting to go crazy. I also made this a bug report , thanks. I found my way to where you were talking about and went to edit he json file but im not sure what you mean point at live-02 or live-03. I didn't know where to put that

Also there is one called a service.json file which is a BAK file. there is also once called service which is a JSON file

"settings": {
"bwtest": false,
"key":
"server": "auto",
"service": "Twitch"
},
"type": "rtmp_common"

Thats what i see. I took out the key part lol good looking out

Would a reinstall of obs and redo of my stream key fix this??

Sukiyucky

I am assuming you trying to connect to the Chicago Twitch servers.

Make sure that this change is being done on the right profile. Get one working first before moving onto the next one. Each profile has its own service.json. The service.json.bak is a backup of the original. Don't touch it.

Try replacing the contents of service.json file so that it uses the live-ord2 twitch ingest server:

{
"key": "insert your Twitch stream key here",
"server": "rtmp://live-ord2.twitch.tv/app",
},
}

Close and open up OBS. Start the stream. Let it run for a minute, then stop the stream.
Validate by looking at the current log file again. It should look something like this now:

rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live-ord2.twitch.tv/app...
[rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (ethernet, 1000 mbps)
[rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-ord2.twitch.tv/app successful

SlicTrixTTV

So i went into my obs settings and switched to the Chicago twitch server. instead of auto. Afteer that i went here C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/obs-studio/basic/profiles . It showed just like you said with
"key": "insert your Twitch stream key here",
"server": "rtmp://live-ord2.twitch.tv/app",
},

Then i started the stream for a few minutes and go this log

It appears to be how you said it needed to be. Im hoping maybe it being set on auto was messing it up.

Thanks again i really appreciate it. This happens so randomly from time to time. Might be good weeks in a row then its a daily thing then gone again lol.

Attachments

• 2019-11-13 17-43-47.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 12

SlicTrixTTV

Ok streamed tonight for about an hour an half till i got dropped lol
Here is what i got

Attachments

• 2019-11-13 19-21-15.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2019-11-13 19-25-36.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 18