GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester

Free GamePad Viewer - The Official Controller Display & Tester v2.0-beta

DisK

May I suggest GameCube and PS2? I have a converter that holds those, the original Xbox, and 2 USB's

vindicatorjones

I have been searching for something like this for ages. I tried creating my own, but it was a mess. I have a Saitek X52PRO that I need to show some buttons (not all) Is your software customizable at all? Basically I just need the Throttle Hat Position to be shown on screen (4 buttons) Any help would be eternally appreciated.

mrmcpowned

I have been searching for something like this for ages. I tried creating my own, but it was a mess. I have a Saitek X52PRO that I need to show some buttons (not all) Is your software customizable at all? Basically I just need the Throttle Hat Position to be shown on screen (4 buttons) Any help would be eternally appreciated.

I have been looking into possibly making a flight stick skin, but it also depends on the button mapping of the controller. What you could do to help would be to go to http://html5gamepad.com and try to record which axis/button(s) relate to the Throttle Hat position.
If the flight stick doesn't appear on that site, then there's nothing I can do, since the Gamepad API isn't recognizing it as a gamepad.

vindicatorjones

I have been looking into possibly making a flight stick skin, but it also depends on the button mapping of the controller. What you could do to help would be to go to http://html5gamepad.com and try to record which axis/button(s) relate to the Throttle Hat position.
If the flight stick doesn't appear on that site, then there's nothing I can do, since the Gamepad API isn't recognizing it as a gamepad.

It recognizes the entire stick and all the buttons, which is awesome. I have tried playing around with the gamepad API myself, but I just dont know enough to make it work.

The only buttons that I am personally interested in are

B25 = Down Hat
B24 = Right Hat
B26 = Left Hat
B23 = Up Hat

According to the information from that page.

Thanks for the help!

King Radinov

Hello.

I just wanted to say thank you for creating this program. This is something I wanted to integrate into my stream for certain games for quite some time now. I'm interested in a FightPad Pro skin for this. I sent you an email through your site a while back about it. Is there any better way to get in contact with you?

mrmcpowned

Hello.

I just wanted to say thank you for creating this program. This is something I wanted to integrate into my stream for certain games for quite some time now. I'm interested in a FightPad Pro skin for this. I sent you an email through your site a while back about it. Is there any better way to get in contact with you?
Yeah, I seldom check the address which the forms sends emails to. As for getting in touch with me, I believe I already have your email from the usage survey, and since I'll be closing that around new years, you should receive an email from me around then :)

Nic Bramble

Hey, I have just starting using it and i set it up and everything but when I stream it doesn't show it moving. I don't know if its because the game is firescreen or what and yes the game pad viewer is NOT minimized. So any help will work ASAP

mrmcpowned

Hey, I have just starting using it and i set it up and everything but when I stream it doesn't show it moving. I don't know if its because the game is firescreen or what and yes the game pad viewer is NOT minimized. So any help will work ASAP
Well, did you try using CLR browser to display the gamepad instead? I'm not really sure if "exclusive fullscreen" games interfere with rendering other windows in the background, but assuming they did, using the gameapd viewer CLR should work as an alternative.

dtch

I'm having an issue with using the CLR Browser. I can get the gamepad on the screen fine but I cannot get it to register. It simply shows it as disconnected. I tried pushing every button for it to register, but it won't. Any ideas?

mrmcpowned

I'm having an issue with using the CLR Browser. I can get the gamepad on the screen fine but I cannot get it to register. It simply shows it as disconnected. I tried pushing every button for it to register, but it won't. Any ideas?
Well, could you try loading http://html5gamepad.com into the browser source window and see if it shows all connected gamepads? Also, what the URL are you using for the gamepad display, parameters and all?

Fraxx

@mrmcpowned
I have a little issue within OBS with the CLR Browser.

I am using the xbox 360 controller and it shows on the steam just fine, the problem is that it seems to only detect the moving of the joysticks, it doesn't show any button presses. (It does show button presses though when I just go to the webpage of the gamepad viewer)

mrmcpowned

@mrmcpowned
I have a little issue within OBS with the CLR Browser.

I am using the xbox 360 controller and it shows on the steam just fine, the problem is that it seems to only detect the moving of the joysticks, it doesn't show any button presses. (It does show button presses though when I just go to the webpage of the gamepad viewer)
At this point it's probably safe to say that's a CLR Browser issue. CLR browser is extremely outdated, as it's running chrome 37, and the current version of chrome is 44.

mrmcpowned

mrmcpowned updated Gamepad Display with a new update entry:

The Mega UI Update

• New Slide-in Menu: Who needs square buttons when you have a whole menu to link to stuff. Stuff like...
  • Modals: All brand-spankin'-new content modals, for everything and anything that needs text on it.
  • Contact Form: If you're lonely and want someone to talk to or want to find out more info on the new...
  • Adopt a Skin Initiative: I don't think I could properly summarize what I have written on the page, so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So you're stating that the CLR browser is the issue when it shows the analogs moving, and not showing any button press? Whats a valid fix for this, I mean, there are tons of people it works for, was it an issue of me updating OBS past a certain point?

mrmcpowned

So you're stating that the CLR browser is the issue when it shows the analogs moving, and not showing any button press? Whats a valid fix for this, I mean, there are tons of people it works for, was it an issue of me updating OBS past a certain point?
Well, I'd suggest first making sure you have the latest version of CLR browser after which if the issue still persists, you can try enabling remote debugging for CLR browser itself. Here's a short video on how to do that.

After you have that done, you should be able to go to http://localhost:[whatever port you used for debugging]/ and should be able to click a link that says "Gamepad Viewer" after you started the preview in OBS. If there are any errors that occur, they should show in the console on the page you just loaded. Pressing F5 in the browser will also refresh the CLR Browser instance if you're trying to repeat the issue.

The real problem that stems from all this, aside from the that fact that CLR Browser is severely outdated, is the geenral fact that the Gamepad API is fairly experimental and can change at any moment. There's also the other issue with people who use controllers with non-standard input schemes and how I should deal with those kinds of inputs. A good example of this are racing wheels, which can have inputs as convoluted as this picture.

Paul

Hey mrmcpowned. I've been using your website plugin thing for quite some time now and I really love it. I was sharing it with a friend today when I noticed that the website had been updated and after poking around with the new site features I noticed there was an option to set the maximum steering angle of a wheel. I was very excited at this point and immediately plugged in my wheel and to my astonishment it worked (it's now suddenly stopped working after a 2nd try after refreshing the website, not sure why). However there was no wheel skin.
Do you have plans on making a generic wheel skin? I understand that wheels have many different inputs for axis (X, Y, Z, etc). Perhaps in the Generate URL section of the site include options to set your what axis belongs to what. Like negative Y is brake and positive Y is acceleration.

Anyway I love the work that you've done. I hope you a good time with whatever magic you use on to make this tool so amazing.