Game Recording is not smooth any more

HassanAdam

Hi Team,

I am not sure whats the issue but now whenever i record a gameplay its not smooth anymore.
Also alot of FPS Drops in game while recording which was not the case before.

Game : Valorant

System Specs :

General specifications Operating system
Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version: 22631.3737

Microprocessor
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics

System memory
16 GB

Memory slot 1
8GB Samsung 3200MHz
Memory slot 2
8GB Samsung 3200MHz

System board
8902 89.62

System BIOS
F.19

Video Graphic device 1
AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

Current resolution
1920 x 1080

Refresh rate
144 Hz

Version
31.0.12002.11001 (5/30/2023)

Graphic device 2
AMD Radeon RX 6600M

Version
31.0.12002.11001 (5/30/2023)

Audio Device 1
AMD Audio Device

Status
Enabled

Driver
amdacpafd.sys

Version

Device 2
Realtek High Definition Audio

Status
Enabled

Driver
RTKVHD64.sys

Version

Device 3
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Status
Enabled

Driver
AtihdWT6.sys

Version

Device 4
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Status
Enabled

Driver
AtihdWT6.sys

Version

Attachments

• 2024-06-28 20-40-13.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 6

qhobbes

1. You are running an old version of OBS Studio (27.2.4). Please update to version 30.1.2 by going to Help -> Check for updates in OBS or by downloading the latest installer from the downloads page and running it.
2. OBS is not running as Administrator. This can lead to OBS not being able to Game Capture certain games. If you are not running into issues, you can ignore this. Based on your log, you're using Display Capture to capture gameplay. You should be using Game Capture to capture gameplay. I'm hoping you tried that before. If you did and it didn't work, try running OBS as Admin. To run OBS as Administrator, right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok. Make sure Display and Game Capture are note in the same scene.
3. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart updated OBS.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

HassanAdam

1. You are running an old version of OBS Studio (27.2.4). Please update to version 30.1.2 by going to Help -> Check for updates in OBS or by downloading the latest installer from the downloads page and running it.
2. OBS is not running as Administrator. This can lead to OBS not being able to Game Capture certain games. If you are not running into issues, you can ignore this. Based on your log, you're using Display Capture to capture gameplay. You should be using Game Capture to capture gameplay. I'm hoping you tried that before. If you did and it didn't work, try running OBS as Admin. To run OBS as Administrator, right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok. Make sure Display and Game Capture are note in the same scene.
3. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart updated OBS.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.
Thanks for your reply.
I was running the latest obs studio, i reverted it back to check if it helps.
I was running obs as admin but still its laggy, i didnt try game capture will try and see if it helps.

becasue my previous recordings were not giving me any issues.