Game Lagging in recording

WhiteMight

Hello, I have found this weird thing after recording, when I finished, and got to edit the footage, the game footage, was lagging, even tho, the OBS didnt show it lagging, and the game wasnt lagging for me either. I'll list my PC parts below, Could the reason be, that the games FPS wasnt limited? I dont think that was the problem, because on a Fortnite footage, it happened again, tho the game was limited to 60 FPS and obs was limited to 120. Anyone has any tips, or idea what I should try to do to fix it?

PC parts:
Processor: Intel Core i5-9400F CPU 2.90ghz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
RAM: 16GB

Platfrom: Windows 11

Thanks to everyone that tries to help!

qhobbes

Recording at a tremendously high framerate will not give you higher quality recordings. Usually quite the opposite. Most computers cannot handle encoding at high framerates. Framerates other than 30fps or 60fps may lead to playback issues like stuttering or screen tearing.

If still having issues, then

WhiteMight

Recording at a tremendously high framerate will not give you higher quality recordings. Usually quite the opposite. Most computers cannot handle encoding at high framerates. Framerates other than 30fps or 60fps may lead to playback issues like stuttering or screen tearing.

If still having issues, then
Hello, I have tried lowering the OBS FPS to 60, and the footage is still laggy. Here is the Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/QbQjFYTK5y685lVh
hope you can assist me further.

qhobbes

1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3. Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 or MOV and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable.

If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window.
4. Remove Display Capture from your scene and use Game Capture. If Game Capture doesn't work for your game, use Window Capture.

qhobbes

Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (Jelenet 2).

qhobbes

1. Change the refresh rate on your Philips monitor from 75 Hz to 60 Hz.
2. With OBS closed, find the settings for your game where it run at 90+ FPS.
3. Cap your game at 60 FPS.
4. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
5. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
18:32:03.783: Loaded scenes:
18:32:03.783: - scene 'Jelenet 2':
18:32:03.783: - source: 'Kijelző felvétel 2' (monitor_capture)
18:32:03.783: - source: 'Game Capture' (game_capture)
6. In the recording settings, uncheck the box for Psycho Visual Tuning as that uses additional GPU.

WhiteMight

So, the Philips monitor is 60hz, it cant be changed, the Acer is the 75hz monitor. I did everything you told me above, yet the footage is still laggy. If you have any more tips/ideas on what I should try, please, share it with me! Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/HgFMqsagpR0uZWcg
All my drivers are up to date, so that shouldnt be a problem

qhobbes

1. Change the refresh rate on your Acer monitor from 75 Hz to 60 Hz.
2. With OBS closed, find the settings for your game where it run at 90+ FPS.
3. Cap your game at 60 FPS.
4. Do a recording and watch video on your Philips screen with VLC.

Please be aware that CBR 2500 is really low for 1920x1080 60 FPS. For reference, YouTube states the minimum bitrate for streaming 240p - 720p @30fps is 3000. Even though the recordings are not missing any frames, that low of a bitrate (depending on your source), could create the "illusion" of laggy footage. If you need to record at that bitrate, use HEVC.

What game you playing?

WhiteMight

Hello once again. I changed the Acer monitor to 60 hz, the game gets upto 150+fps, with obs closed, yesterday I checked it with obs opened, and it was about 140fps. I capped the game at 60 fps. And I record games on my philips monitor. However, the footage looks bad with the mediaplayer. The footage turns out to be great with anything else (rewatched the footage with VLC as you told me, with Films+TV and with microsoft clipchamp, what ever that is) I've been playing fortnite to test if it worked or not, tho it did it at another game, a clickergame that is.
Here is the log once again, if you find anything that should be changed, tell me! https://obsproject.com/logs/y4na6LeCTJePxp4s

Thank you very much for helping me!