Question / Help Game Capture not source by Macbook!

KillerGR

i have problem need help so much!
- i play Legend of Legend Game
- obs not show game soure i try 2 month search youtube and other information 2 months re install and re setup obs again and again
i use mac book pro Coi7 2017 Ram6Gb
- help fix see image bellow
Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 3.41.30 AM.png

Narcogen

People should not necessarily be expecting an OBS update to fix SyphonInject. I don't know if there will or will not be a patch that restores this functionality in the near future, but the fact of the matter is that Apple is starting the process of deprecating the technologies that OBS and Syphon depend on in MacOS to work-- OpenGL-- and replacing it with their own technology, Metal.

If you need Syphon to work in the near term, downgrade to High Sierra and stay there either until Syphon is fixed or it becomes apparent what, if anything, can replace it.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
People should not necessarily be expecting an OBS update to fix SyphonInject. I don't know if there will or will not be a patch that restores this functionality in the near future, but the fact of the matter is that Apple is starting the process of deprecating the technologies that OBS and Syphon depend on in MacOS to work-- OpenGL-- and replacing it with their own technology, Metal.

If you need Syphon to work in the near term, downgrade to High Sierra and stay there either until Syphon is fixed or it becomes apparent what, if anything, can replace it.
Narcogen is correct. Unfortunately, the tricks SyphonInject was using to be able to capture games are simply no longer available in the new macOS version, and there are no known alternatives. OBS has no update planned to fix this issue as it currently can't.

swanny8777

Hi, sorry to bring up an old topic, but my MacBook Pro is on High Sierra (10.13.6), but I am not seeing the option for Game Capture (Syphon) either... I used the Simple Client and Simple Server apps to ensure that there is communication, but like I said, I'm not seeing any options in OBS. Any suggestions for an OBS newb? Thanks in advance!

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Hi, sorry to bring up an old topic, but my MacBook Pro is on High Sierra (10.13.6), but I am not seeing the option for Game Capture (Syphon) either... I used the Simple Client and Simple Server apps to ensure that there is communication, but like I said, I'm not seeing any options in OBS. Any suggestions for an OBS newb? Thanks in advance!
It'll show in the list as "SyphonInject" instead of "Game Capture (Syphon)"

ari.gtsf

Hi,

I'm sorry for the necro post, but I have the same problem. I know that we cannot get the functionality back and I'm absolutely fine with it, but I would like to propose an alternative solution. The main goal of Game Capturing (in my case) is to not capture anything else, possibly because of sensitive data. OBS already offers to exclude itself from capturing (see my attachment).

So, why can I not tell OBS to exclude all apps from capturing, except for my game? Surely that should be possible and it would offer a sane compromise. It's clearly not ideal, but it would allow me to use the normal screen capturing without feating to expose sensitive data. Just capture the desktop and the game, and nothing else.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 17.11.08.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 17.11.08.png
    153 KB · Views: 10

ari.gtsf

Hi,

I'm sorry for the necro post, but I have the same problem. I know that we cannot get the functionality back and I'm absolutely fine with it, but I would like to propose an alternative solution. The main goal of Game Capturing (in my case) is to not capture anything else, possibly because of sensitive data. OBS already offers to exclude itself from capturing (see my attachment).

So, why can I not tell OBS to exclude all apps from capturing, except for my game? Surely that should be possible and it would offer a sane compromise. It's clearly not ideal, but it would allow me to use the normal screen capturing without feating to expose sensitive data. Just capture the desktop and the game, and nothing else.
I figured it out. Method: Application Capture. I failed to check the dropdown above, it works like charm. Sorry! :)