Game capture buggy with new OBS install. Clean video driver install.

pookievideo

I had posted another thread but may not have described the issue correctly. This issue happens in several games. When using game capture, OBS is only recording or displaying the foreground and not the background. So things like menus, gui or title screens will be captured but the items that need to be rendered in the background do not appear. So if you think about an opening scene with credits. The credits would be displayed but the background video would not. The issue is a little different for each game but similar. In Rust all vegetation turns black. In Warzone the menus are captured but the game isn't. In my current example of Interpoint, the menus and notes are captured but not the game. If I enable display capture everything shows up fine. I have used the Display Driver Uninstaller 18.0.3.5 and re-installed the video drivers clean. Also am running OBS as admin. This problem only happened when I upgraded to the latest version of OBS. I included a log and test recording.

Here is a link to a video with an example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxWVWZ7gP24

Here are some example pics.

Here is game capture.
Interpoint1.jpg

Here is Display capture.
Interpoint2.jpg

Attachments

• 2021-01-24 07-02-32.txt
    23.2 KB · Views: 26

pookievideo

Update. I downgraded OBS to 26.1 and the problem stopped. Upgraded to 26.1.1. and the problem came back. There seems to be an issue with the latest version.