Fullscreen projector preview isn't 60fps

Takeshino

My canvas is at 1440p (I record at that and stream at 720p) and I want to have the fullscreen projector "Always on Top" over my game window so I see the overlays as well. The only problem is that that preview isn't 60fps. For games like Ace Attorney it's not that noticeable just because how the game is, but otherwise it's instantly noticeable and constant from what I can tell. It only happens while streaming, doesn't appear on either stream or recording, and the stats window doesn't report any lag, the avg time to render a frame is at around 4.2ms most of the time when playing Rayman Legends, for example. I've attached a log where I streamed with bandwidth test mode, the first half is without the fullscreen projector, and at around 8:00 I turn it on.

Attachments

• 2021-09-04 12-42-24.txt
    149.2 KB · Views: 121

WBE

So if I understand correctly, you notice the Fullscreen Projector not to be capable for 60 fps and you would like it to become capable for that. Since nobody apparently has similar experiences plus workarounds to share, you might want to drop this at https://ideas.obsproject.com/ That's the right place for feature requests.

ChainsawMan

1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other.
3. Your log contains streaming sessions with dropped frames. This can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS.
4. Disable Game Bar and DVR.

Takeshino

1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other.
3. Your log contains streaming sessions with dropped frames. This can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS.
4. Disable Game Bar and DVR.

1&2. I changed that. The issue's still there.
3. I know. That's not what I'm talking about here though - the lag is in the projector preview specifically.
4. Both are disabled.

Takeshino

So if I understand correctly, you notice the Fullscreen Projector not to be capable for 60 fps and you would like it to become capable for that. Since nobody apparently has similar experiences plus workarounds to share, you might want to drop this at https://ideas.obsproject.com/ That's the right place for feature requests.

I will try that, thanks. That being said Considering it's not at 30 fps either it does feel more like a lag issue than a lack of features.

ChainsawMan

1&2. I changed that. The issue's still there.
3. I know. That's not what I'm talking about here though - the lag is in the projector preview specifically.
4. Both are disabled.
Try without using media sources and filters, maybe it's because of them since some are not closed when inactive.

idskan

I don't know if it's a new feature but I found that it's possible to put the preview at 60FPS.
Controls subsection at the bottom-right > Settings > Video > Common FPS Values (that's the value by default I didn't change that) > select 60 FPS

I don't know if it's a new feature but I found that it's possible to put the preview at 60FPS.
Controls subsection at the bottom-right > Settings > Video > Common FPS Values (that's the value by default I didn't change that) > select 60 FPS
Tried that. Didn't work. Fullscreen Projector preview is still at 30fps.