Frames missed due to rendering lag HELP :D

AaronD

A few problems here, but nothing jumps out at me as a smoking gun:
Wouldn't hurt to fix them though.

AaronD

On a slightly different note:
19:13:04.687: - source: 'MIC' (wasapi_input_capture)
19:13:04.687: - filter: 'Gain' (gain_filter)
19:13:04.687: - filter: 'Noise Suppression' (noise_suppress_filter_v2)
19:13:04.687: - filter: '3-Band Equalizer' (basic_eq_filter)
19:13:04.687: - filter: 'Compressor' (compressor_filter)
19:13:04.687: - filter: 'Limiter' (limiter_filter)
19:13:04.687: - filter: 'Noise Gate' (noise_gate_filter)
I'm more of an audio guy than video.
  • Your Noise Gate should probably move earlier in the chain, right after the Noise Suppressor, and tweak the settings to work in that position.
    • Then you'd have a Noise Suppressor followed by a Noise Gate, which might be better replaced with two Noise Suppressors and no Noise Gate. Try a few variations of that and see what works. Noise Gates are surprisingly ineffective for what most people think of them for.
  • You can probably remove the Gain entirely, and tweak the Compressor accordingly. Lower threshold by that much, higher makeup gain.

AaronD

Most things are good with 30fps. 60 for fast motion. Higher than that gets into diminishing returns in a big hurry.

It almost never works to have an original framerate that is not a multiple of the final rate. 144fps seems to be popular, and wreaks havoc because it can't just drop frames to get to 60 or 30, but actually has to be resampled according to the complete mathematics that almost nobody gets right. I don't know *why* they can't get it right - the hardest part by far is to look it up on any number of free sites about signal processing in general - but they don't, and so it looks terrible.

staffyrcoole

yea i rub my stuff at 60 then when streaming i lock it at 60 but it will drop to 24 40 then back to 60 then even maybe down again its a melt lol streaming is never easy ive been at it a year now and im sorry i started lol