Frame Stuttering Issue with Sony FDR-AX53 + UGREEN CM629 Capture Card in OBS Studio

xm420

New Member
I am using a Sony FDR-AX53 camcorder connected to a UGREEN CM629 2K HDMI capture card through a 15-meter HDMI 1.4 copper cable.

I experience frame stuttering or a shutter-like effect during both live streaming and local recording in OBS Studio, especially when the camera moves quickly. The footage appears smoother when the camera remains stationary.

However, OBS Stats shows no noticeable rendering lag, encoding lag, or dropped frames. My recordings and live streams use the same settings, and both are affected by this issue.

I have already checked the OBS settings, but the problem persists. I am trying to determine whether the cause could be the capture card, HDMI cable or signal integrity, USB bandwidth, video format compatibility, or frame-timing issues.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with the UGREEN CM629? Any suggestions for troubleshooting or identifying the root cause would be greatly appreciated.
 
 
I am using a Sony FDR-AX53 camcorder connected to a UGREEN CM629 2K HDMI capture card through a 15-meter HDMI 1.4 copper cable.

I experience frame stuttering or a shutter-like effect during both live streaming and local recording in OBS Studio, especially when the camera moves quickly. The footage appears smoother when the camera remains stationary.

However, OBS Stats shows no noticeable rendering lag, encoding lag, or dropped frames. My recordings and live streams use the same settings, and both are affected by this issue.

I have already checked the OBS settings, but the problem persists. I am trying to determine whether the cause could be the capture card, HDMI cable or signal integrity, USB bandwidth, video format compatibility, or frame-timing issues.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with the UGREEN CM629? Any suggestions for troubleshooting or identifying the root cause would be greatly appreciated.
Log
 
1. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections. If you are unable to easily run a wired connection, look into Ethernet over power and/or Ethernet over coax/MoCA. You didn't drop any frames but the bitrate decreased to 4400.
2. Lenovo Vantage / Legion Edge is installed and is known to cause connection issues while streaming. Open Lenovo Vantage and set the "Network Boost" feature to disabled when streaming with OBS.
3. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature in Windows is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. We recommend disabling it via this screen or these instructions as a troubleshooting step. Be sure to restart after disabling it.
4. Your log does show lagged rendering and encoding frames. That can only be caused hardware overload. Multipass, Look-ahead and Adaptive Quantization all use additional GPU. Disable those in the encoder and source streaming/recording settings output.
5. It looks like your replay buffer is using the AMD encoder. Unless you have a very specific reason, you should use an NVENC encoder.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top