Bug Report FPS Issues

Nimmock

Hi there. I'm new to streaming in general, and am trying to set up my twitch.tv stream for League of Legends and other games.

The problem is, my FPS drops to generally 30-37 when I turn on my stream. I've got a computer that really shouldn't have any trouble with any of the games on the market right now (8-core processor, 16gb ram, geforce gtx 600 ti 2gb), and I really have no idea what could be causing my issues.

If anyone has any input, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

EDIT: I also run a two-monitor setup, if that changes anything.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Monitor capture right? Windows 7 or 8? Did you disable aero?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
ah, windows 8 monitor capture is currently somewhat broken, I have to implement a windows 8 specific fix for it (which should be super super fast), but in the mean time you may have to use window capture or game capture or the like

mechler

I saw this Windows 8 monitor capture issue in the known issues thread but couldn't resolve it by switching to *window* capture because the window capture was showing up black. It was picking up the cursor and using it's graphic (League of Legends) but the game wasn't there.

At least the performance was back to normal! If only I could figure out why things are showing up black.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm going to try to get this in now if I can with the capture card audio update

mechler

I appreciate this so much! If I can do any log posting or anything to help, I'll gladly do so. I'm a web developer but I've always wished I understood C++ more. My poking around the repo I cloned won't amount to anything, but I'll post a $20 bounty for this Windows 8 issue.

Again, your time is appreciated. Thanks for your seemingly tireless commitment to this!

mechler

I really want to make good on this (and a little more) but your donate button went away.

Put it back up so I can pass along some appreciation credits!