FPS Drops on games as soon as I open OBS

Sweetwater

Hello guys please help me with this one. My games are just fine when I'm playing without OBS but as soon as I open OBS, just open it, the frames on my games just fluctuates from 43-60 fps. It's really annoying! I haven't had this issue before. This started happening when I changed my power supply and upgraded to SSD. I tried everything, downgrading drivers, turning on hardware accelerator, turning off game bar, updating old drivers etc. But still I get FPS drops on my games just by opening OBS (Just opening it and not even started recording or streaming). This is my computer specs: (See attachment)

Here is the latest logfile:

Attachments

• dx diag.PNG
    dx diag.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 281
  • dx diag.PNG
    dx diag.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 270

HDReaperTV

Hi, I'm French so sorry for my bad english and I have exactly the same problem

Just with my StreamLabs OBS opened, my fps drop, I lost between 20 and 30 fps with just SL OBS opened

I tried the same things like you : downgrading drivers, turning on hardware accelerator, turning off game bar, updating old drivers but nothing changed

Please help us :(

HDReaperTV

deFrisselle

Try using OBS
SLOBS isn't supported here It's not technically the same and will exhibit issues differently You'll have to ask their support

Wolflexx

Same here, when I open Obs Studio, I lose like 20-40 fps in game (gtav, warzone)
I tried Ndi to put my overlays sources on another pc but the gaming one still has fps drop even with less sources (sound, mic, webcam, game)

Gaming
Rtx 3060 ti
Intel i5 10400 @4.2 Ghz
3200mhz 2x8gb xmp on z490

Streaming
Gtx 1060 3gb
Intel i5 7500 @3.7 Ghz
2400 mhz 2x8gb

LEGION GAME

Hello guys please help me with this one. My games are just fine when I'm playing without OBS but as soon as I open OBS, just open it, the frames on my games just fluctuates from 43-60 fps. It's really annoying! I haven't had this issue before. This started happening when I changed my power supply and upgraded to SSD. I tried everything, downgrading drivers, turning on hardware accelerator, turning off game bar, updating old drivers etc. But still I get FPS drops on my games just by opening OBS (Just opening it and not even started recording or streaming). This is my computer specs: (See attachment)

Here is the latest logfile:
Same problem with me.
I normally get 60-70fps in battlefield 5 with rtx 3070 at 4k resulation (Medium settings+dlss) but as soon as I open OBS studio (Not streaming/recording) my fps just sits to 20-25fps & now I am facing this problem with every games..
If you find any solution please consider posting it here

EvelynEvelyn

I have this same problem and found a solution for me, I cannot have the Audio Mixer nor the Preview shown on another monitor without problems, I either have to disable both of them, or make sure both are shown on my primary monitor. Before I found a solution: When I open OBS my game becomes SUPER stuttery, it will freeze for half a second constantly. This happens without preview on, and happens with a new scene selected that has zero sources in it. Interestingly the game (Valorant) shows a constant 200fps (I cap it at 200 using the in-game mechanism, I do not have RivaTuner or anything else running during these tests), so the game itself doesn't pick up the stutter, the issue is outside of the game.

Testing shows that it's the Audio Mixer and Preview causing the issues! If I float the audio mixer dock and put it on my primary monitor, and additionally have Preview disabled, then I have no stuttering even with the rest of OBS and all its docks on the second monitor. If there's any preview or audio dock on a second monitor I get the stuttering.

Separate note: I do have to follow these directions to get the game to show up in OBS (black screen in obs otherwise) https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...g-on-valorant-black-screen.124987/post-489362

Last edited:

uwiz

Hello.

The last 2 months i had the very same issues like, as soon i open OBS, my fps was going down by 40% 50%

But how i fixed it is here (For Nvidia users only)

I have an RTX 2060 and i use NVENC as encoder. So i tried many things like run as administrator, disable gamemode and other, but nothing of them worked for me. How i fixed it was i got into: Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features. After that i scrolled down to Nvidia drivers and i uninstalled the Nvidia Graphics Driver and didn't touch any other Nvidia Drivers. After my screen was going black for 15 seconds and came back. After that i got into device manager and clicked find device and my graphics card was automatically added to device manager, and after that all my OBS shit was fixed (btw i run obs as administrator too). I got 0% dropped frames when playing games and i can stream 1080p60 at Max Quality very smooth.

Hope it will work for others too.