FPS Drops after i start stream

LuckyCharlie

Hi, guys

It's been a while since I've noticed that FPS dropping drastically in games after starting a stream. I feel like I've tried absolutely everything. Disabling overlays (Xbox Game Bar, Discord, Nvidia). Updating drivers. I've even gone through the OBS setup with people streaming.
I've been playing Hunt: Showdown on stream the most.
Previously on the old GPU (1070ti) I was playing without streaming around 120 FPS.
In the last few weeks when I turn on stream the game drops to 60.
Now I have a new GPU (3060ti) without streaming I get 140-150 on high detail. With stream the game runs again at the mentioned 60 (whether I play on low or high details).
People on the stream say the game runs fine just for me it is horribly un-fluid to choppy. You can feel the drops, at least for me.

I really have no idea what happened. I streamed one day and everything was fine. The next day everything was wrong.

Boothy

Yep same here. Got a 3080 running a G9 240hz with iRacing mainly...tried all the common stuff turn of windows game bar etc tweak some 3d power settings jeezus christ everything....can get solid fps of like 160+ without obs running, minute i open it drops to 60-90fps...game runs fine without obs but minute i open it not even streaming or anything just kills in game fps

imo never had an issue till obs 29

SALADZZ

I'm somewhat same when I stream in my end I don't really lag that bad but my obs will just drop fps and I have a 3060ti as well it shouldn't be doing that. What did you put for your encoder settings? because mine just drops fps on obs and idk how to fix it.