Question / Help Fps Drop for viewers while streaming

Alaebike

Hello
so im testing streaming to twitch my league of legends games but what ive noticed is when theres some action and team fight the fps drop for viewers in twitch for me it works fine
my setup
r5 2600
16gb ram
rtx 2060super
im streaming at 720p60 with new Nvenc

koala

There are 2 things that pop into view:
  • you're using a mid-to-highend hardware, and your GPU is definitely highend, but you're using a monitor with a resolution of measly 1366x768? In case you're actually owning a full-hd monitor with 1920x1080, make sure you're using its native resolution.
  • you're streaming with a bitrate of 300. The first streaming session in the log was 100, the next was 300, so you already tried to tune the right setting, but it's still tenfold too low. Your viewers probably see only a bloody mess of pixels with a bitrate that low. Common bitrate recommendations from twitch see here: https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/

Alaebike

There are 2 things that pop into view:
  • you're using a mid-to-highend hardware, and your GPU is definitely highend, but you're using a monitor with a resolution of measly 1366x768? In case you're actually owning a full-hd monitor with 1920x1080, make sure you're using its native resolution.
  • you're streaming with a bitrate of 300. The first streaming session in the log was 100, the next was 300, so you already tried to tune the right setting, but it's still tenfold too low. Your viewers probably see only a bloody mess of pixels with a bitrate that low. Common bitrate recommendations from twitch see here: https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/
i just got this setup and im getting new monitor next week
well my networke upload is limited to 0.5mb from my internet provider thats why im testing the stream with 100-400 bitrate
but my problem is in the fram drop for viewers

koala

00:09:01.579: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 11462 (3.0%)
This is the only source in the log for lost frames, and this was for the 100 kbit/s session. Combined with the info you only have 0.5 mb upload, it's a sign your internet connection is too weak in general to support any kind of streaming with a minimum amount of quality.

For better streaming, upgrade your internet connection to an upload of 5 mbit/s.
If this isn't possible, instead of live streaming, consider recording videos and upload to youtube after recording. This way you can get much better video quality, and it enables you to edit and postprocess your stuff, for example adding additional comments.