[ Filter Request ] Remove Webcam Film Grain

Eki Halkka

Hey @Eki Halkka, thanks for your great work on the shaders :)
I would love to use your HybridKeyer but I can't get it to work on MacOS :(

I'm using obs-shaderfilter 2.1.3 and I get the following error (screenshot below)
Any suggestions how to proceed

Sorry for the delay, and Merry X-mas and New Year ;-)

Unfortunately, i do not have a Mac so testing the shaders' compatibility is very hard. I'm aware of the Mac issues, and we even tried to do some testing by sending different debugging versions of the keyer back and forth with a Mac user, but it was really slow and tedious and prone to communication errors - hard to debug blindfolded.

xandru

Yep, to all you wrote.

I've been toying around with spatial denoising too, but not yet with usable results...

My WIP shaders are here, some work, some don't, yet at least (i guess I should get into the whole GitHub thing, but drive it is for now):

The latest keyer is Halsu_HybridKeyer_V014.

I actually made an overview video of an older version of the keyer, it's missing some features but all the essentials are there:

As far as the spill reduction part goes, I'm doing it in RGB space. I compare the green channel to a user-controlled mix of r and b channels, and if g is higher than the r/b mix, replace green with the r/b mix. Another option would be to use the maximum of r and b, but I like the control over the spill bias one gets with the mixing method. Maybe I'll add a checkbox to use this as an alternative method.

The keyer is also RGB, essentially just the maximum of rb minus g. I do some simple RGB preprocessing to improve the hue of the green before key, but better results could be obtained by rotating the green screen hue in HLS to pure green before keying. I'll probably implement this at some point.
Hi Eki,

The Halsu_HybridKeyer_v22 looks great I am using a blue screen but for some reason it keys the blue but leaves a green outline on the subject.

Thanks