Feature Request: Multiview specific hotkeys

itsscottwilder

Discovered the multiview feature today and figured out how in Studio Mode, the "Switch to Scene" hotkeys will send a scene to Preview. Which is AWESOME!

I also have hotkeys for Cut and Transition.

But to make Multiview work truly like a pro switcher, the addition of dedicated hotkeys to Cut directly to a scene IN ADDITION to sending a scene to preview is essential.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!!

Scott

CC-ChurchStream

I agree with Scott. For the Multiview to be useful in a live stream, the addition of controls to change preview scenes and move from Preview to Program is essential.

WBE

When in Studio Mode, every scene you select (by clicking in the Scenes list or by using the hotkey set to Switch to scene) will go to Preview. You can then cut or transition it to Program (also by either clicking or using a hotkey).

The same goes in Multiview: every scene you select (by clicking or hotkey) will go to Preview and then can be cut or transitioned to Program by hotkey.

When NOT in Studio Mode, every scene you select (by clicking in the Scenes list or by using the hotkey set to Switch to scene) will directly go to Program and will be live.

The same goes in Multiview: every scene you select (by clicking or hotkey) will directly go to Program.

Please note that in Multiview only 8 scenes are shown but Switch to scene hotkeys also work for the 9th, 10th etc.

@itsscottwilder, do you want both behaviours of Studio Mode and without Studio Mode simultaneously in Multiview?

Colin Heron

Discovered the multiview feature today and figured out how in Studio Mode, the "Switch to Scene" hotkeys will send a scene to Preview. Which is AWESOME!

I also have hotkeys for Cut and Transition.

But to make Multiview work truly like a pro switcher, the addition of dedicated hotkeys to Cut directly to a scene IN ADDITION to sending a scene to preview is essential.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!!

Scott
This is possible. You can create hotkeys that do this by creating a matrix of commands and using the add line in the hotkey menu to combine commands. I have used this method to create an Arduino based switcher to mimic a pro switcher in studio and multi view mode. Works a treat. Willing to share the design and code if anyone interested.