My nvidia drivers are also up to date
OBS is also up to date
But still stuck with this issue

Attachments

• 2019-02-25 18-41-40.txt
    25.7 KB · Views: 115

Narcogen

The 940M does not support NVENC.

19:07:45.005: [NVENC encoder: 'recording_h264'] Failed to open NVENC codec: Generic error in an external library

koala

Show a log file from your friend and we'll see what is happening with his system. He doesn't probably use nvenc as encoder but Quicksync or x264. You can do the same.

Manthan2001

Show a log file from your friend and we'll see what is happening with his system. He doesn't probably use nvenc as encoder but Quicksync or x264. You can do the same.

If i stream PUBG Mobile on youtube using x264 will my pc overheat or some other issue???

Manthan2001

You cannot destroy a properly built PC with software, so why don't you just try it if it works?
But when i use pubg emulator my cpu usage is 90%+ and my nvidia card doesn't support that nvenc encoder so i have to use x264 which uses cpu to encode...so ultimately my cpu usage is 100% constant

koala

You should have Quicksync available as encoder. Try this instead of x264. But with an app using up so much cpu resources, I doubt you will get good streams or recordings even with Quicksync. OBS needs some room for its work, and only 10% of all cpu resources is very slim.

Manthan2001

You should have Quicksync available as encoder. Try this instead of x264. But with an app using up so much cpu resources, I doubt you will get good streams or recordings even with Quicksync. OBS needs some room for its work, and only 10% of all cpu resources is very slim.
Inshort obs is useless for those having Nvidia 940mx graphics card and those who wanna stream with this card....

koala

It's more the other way round: that graphics chip is not suited for people who intend to stream and encode with nvenc.