Failed to create swap chain (887A0005)

KetWang

Hi guys, I have encountered this issue. The video is not working nor is media capture and everything. The whole screen is just white color.

I do not know why this is happening but previously it was working well.
I do remember that I was using OBS, Teams, DeepFaceLive (Python swapping face), all run on NVIDIA RTX 450. Suddenly, it got crashed and no matter how many times I uninstalled Nvidia or OBS, things remain the same. Could you help me? OBS can't show the screen or any changes.

I attached the logs here. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2024-09-03 00-59-56.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 17

KetWang

Hi Suslik, thank you for your advice.
I have already restarted plenty of times. It did not work.

However, the good thing is it is now finally working. I shut down the computer and went to bed. When I woke up, turned on the computer, and opened OBS, it worked!

I guess restart and shut down is a good idea.

Thank you Suslik.

Suslik V

My guess was based on assumption that this kind of errors happens because of hibernate and deep sleep modes of laptops (where graphics context for application can be destroyed or invalidated while PC is "sleeping").

KetWang

My guess was based on assumption that this kind of errors happens because of hibernate and deep sleep modes of laptops (where graphics context for application can be destroyed or invalidated while PC is "sleeping").
Hi Suslik, that is brilliant. You are right. I set my sleeping mode after 3 minutes and sometimes in the middle of processing, the laptop went to sleep or the screen goes dark.

Amazing! I will pay attention next time.
Thank you for your assistance.

Fire_Feron

Hi Suslik, that is brilliant. You are right. I set my sleeping mode after 3 minutes and sometimes in the middle of processing, the laptop went to sleep or the screen goes dark.

Amazing! I will pay attention next time.
Thank you for your assistance.
i did the same thing but the same problem continues to happen for me. i dont think restarting or powering off the pc did anything,

PankleDank

i have the same issue now. I think a recent windows update may have caused this. Im on windows 11.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-14 203630.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-14 203630.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 9