Facebook live won't connect before go live--connects after go lice

RevSutton

Greetings--
Using latest OBS version on Win 10, log file attached at end.
I live stream on FB daily using OBS. Usually I create a live event to begin later. 1hr to a week. It seems if the event is scheduled more than 24 hours ahead, I can setup the event and connect OBS prior to going live. But if the even is created within 24hrs I cannot connect the OBS stream until after the scheduled go live time. The only thing that stands out in my log file is these lines

When the connection fails:
08:19:20.886: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -30848. GetSockError(): 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
08:19:20.886: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ failed: -3

And when the connection succeeds
08:25:17.238: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ successful
08:25:17.239: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Socket send buffer is 65536 bytes

The GO LIVE time is 8:25
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 2023-08-02 07-10-55.txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 7

Lawrence_SoCal

I'll be watching this thread, but I haven't had an issue, but recently we always schedule at least a week out. FB used to limit advance scheduling to 1 week, but its now longer (at least 2 weeks, haven't tested further out)

Our routine is non-persistent stream key, always Scheduled event. When we connect to /Live/Producer the day of a service, we create the following weeks+ scheduled events. Then we select that day's event, copy stream key, and start streaming 15 minutes before Go Live time... though earlier this year, auto-start/Go Live stopped working for us... no idea why. So we manually start on Live Producer, which is just as easy

I've not tried scheduling less than 24 hours. You could always skip the scheduling part. BUT, Scheduling provides the consistent URL watchable by non-Facebook users (which we use).??

Good luck... as I said, I'll be watching thread hoping someone knows an answer
Have you tried switching stream key when scheduling with less than 24 hours?