Facebook Live Delay Issues and replay quality at 480?

AtomKB Gaming

So this has just started as of last week. My live streams are anywhere from 20 seconds to over 2minutes behind. I know alot of people say delays aren't a big issue but when you are talking to chat it does become one. Before I had maybe a 2 to 5 second delay and I have not changed anything in OBS. The hardware i'm running on my pc are :
PROCESSOR
AMD RYZEN™ 7 5800X
GRAPHICS CARD
GEFORCE RTX 3070
MEMORY
16GB VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHZ
STORAGE
1TB HIGH-SPEED M.2 NVME SSD
MOTHERBOARD
MSI B550-A PRO
POWER SUPPLY
CORSAIR RM750
INTERNET:
ATT FIBER WITH 960 DOWNLOAD AND 565 UPLOAD SPEED (AVERAGES)
GAMES I PLAY
WRECKFEST (CAR RACING) , PHASMOPHOBIA, SEA OF THEIVES, VALHEIM, AND OUTRIDERS (NEW SHOOTER LIKE GEARS OF WAR)

OBS stream settings : Video Output 1920x1080. Also tried 720P and still same issue. Video bitrate 3000Kbps and encoder is the graphics card. If I try software it is over 3 minutes behind. I have gone all the way down to 1000Kbps and doesn't change a thing. Is there an issue at Facebook? Second when I am streaming the videos come in at 1080p but after stream is over and I want to watch replay the next day, the highest quality I can watch is 480p and all the other options are not there. And again this has just started as of this week on Facebook. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue please let me know. I am going to also be streaming on Twitch and Youtube, does anyone know if this problem will carry over?

Lawrence_SoCal

With FB scheduled live events and not being part of Gamer/1080p program (ie only at standard 720p 30fps at 5000 bps), I've never seen less than 15->20 seconds, and the actual delay variance is often on the receiving end network and device. A cell phone watching my stream is often actually ahead of the /Live/Producer preview... silly FB
The variance on the lag of those watching my stream (ie, above the base level of 15-30 seconds) can vary by over 30 seconds itself...
this has to do with
- FB (or YouTube, or most ANY provider), re-encoding the stream as H.264 is not that bandwidth optimized vs newer protocols but end-user devices don't have power for such real-time encoding (and whole industry H.265 licensing debacle)
- video distribution via CDN (content delivery network)
- the ISP/ carrier handling
so basically ... speed of light isn't that fast...

Using a free streaming service and expecting near real-time distribution and synchronized viewing.... not realistic in today's technology world. I have no idea how (or if you truly were) getting such low distribution times. I've never heard of single digit second lag on video stream distribution with any of the free services

As for your other questions. Last Sunday I streamed at 720p 5000 bps, and when I downloaded the video (I failed to locally record as I normally do) it was 720p at ~1.5K bps.. soo not sure why you are seeing only 480p. Have you checked from a different device and network?

AtomKB Gaming

I am part of the 1080P Gamer Level up program for my Page.. Yes for the first 3 weeks of streaming on Facebook when I was got into level up program, I would see 3 to 6 seconds delay from when someone asked a question, i responded, and they said thank you or responded right back on my cellphone, wifes cell phone, my buddies who were watching told me about it after streaming, and on a tv in the house. I did alot of testing before i went live the first time. I keep my cell near me because thats how I knew how many people were in my streams and able to see quality of streams that other people were seeing. The 480p thing was just a new feature they let out I guess where it takes almost 2 days to get the ability to watch your replay as it was on stream. (1080 or 720) Also I just tested my stream on Youtube and had a 4 to 5 second delay with bitrate as high as 60,000kbps and had 1440p 60fps playing smoothly. from both cell phone and my tv in living room. It could be stuff with Facebook, I am going to try 720P again and see how that works out tonight. Just because I have level up program and I am able to get some extra money on the side playing , and with twitch and youtube i'm not a partner yet. I just knew OBS is a great program because I have heard a lot of big named gamers use it such as Markiplier. I just feel bad I can't respond back to my people in lobby and I have lost so many people because it takes 30 seconds to a few min to get back to them . i've had to pause games to type in chat that there is a massive delay. But if free software isn't the best route, what would you recommend for a OBS style program where there isn't much delay if any. I enjoy the interaction with people but I lost over 35 people in my stream the other night because of such delayed responses to their questions about certain areas in games or just whats a good game to download. I'm willing to spend money on a program if I have to just to get the ability to answer to my chats as quickly as possible again.

AtomKB Gaming

Just ran a test on facebook live. Phone is down to 7 to 9 seconds and computer and tv is down to about 12. I'm going to be streaming on 3 platforms so i just wanted to have the best setup I can possibly get. I have turned this into my full time job so I have nothing but time to get content out and want to make sure it is the best