Resource icon

Non-OBS Script Facebook Live comments feed 1.0.1

captainskippah

captainskippah submitted a new resource:

Facebook Live comments feed - facebook live comments feed

Instructions
  • Download the index.html file on this repo
  • Get a User Access Token on developers page with user_posts and user_videos permissions
  • Copy your Live Video's ID. ex: If your link is https://www.facebook.com/1234567890/videos/0987654321 then your id would be 0987654321
  • edit index.html with notepad or any editor of your choice and replace the videoId and accessToken variables...

Read more about this resource...

captainskippah

captainskippah updated Facebook Live comments feed with a new update entry:

Facebook Live comments has a website now

Apparently since the last time I used my own script, Facebook got stricter and does not allow the script to be ran locally. You now have to know how to setup a web server.

Since everyone does not know how to, I deployed a website where you only need to put in the URL your video id and access token.

New Instructions:

Read the rest of this update entry...

hackenreiter

Hi there,
just tested this out with a few videos on my fb profile, works perfectly, thank you.
Is there a way to get comments for videos posted in a group, too? Think this will need another permission, right?
Thanks for help.
Best regards,
hackenreiter

captainskippah

I haven't tried getting comments of a post from a group. I'm not sure if the same code would work... although it looks like it.

Try playing around in the Graph API Explorer. Just put in the video id and then click Submit.

If it returned:
Unsupported get request. Object with ID '1234567890' does not exist, cannot be loaded due to missing permissions, or does not support this operation. Please read the Graph API documentation at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api"

then try adding groups_access_member_info, otherwise you're good to go.

If that still didn't work, I'd suggest to just share your post to the group instead.

captainskippah

So do you have to have an approved app to get a Facebook user access token?

I apologize for the very late reply. I am not receiving any email and I just happened to stumble upon this website again and saw I have a notif.

Anyway, the answer is No. You can get away with the permission restriction by using a Test App.

With Test App, you can add any permission you want.

You only want your app to be reviewed if you're going to let others use your App.

Example of that is a third-party Reddit app you find on App Store/Playstore. You let that app get your posts/comments on Reddit.

chessmate_101

Hi there,
just tested this out with a few videos on my fb profile, works perfectly, thank you.
Is there a way to get comments for videos posted in a group, too? Think this will need another permission, right?
Thanks for help.
Best regards,
hackenreiter
I have the user access token i created an app but to add a live comments to an obs livestream i dont know the process