Face Tracker

Face Tracker 0.7.1

norihiro

norihiro submitted a new resource:

Face Tracker - face detection, face tracking

This plugin provide a filter for face detection and face tracking for mainly a speaking person.

This plugin employs a library called dlib to detect a face and track it.
The frame of the source is periodically taken to face detection algorithm. Once a face is found, the face is tracked.
Based on the location and the size of the face under tracking, the frame will be cropped and expanded.

A simple demo on OBS Studio (no...​

Read more about this resource...

Tyr808

Very awesome project! Haven't tested it yet but it looks so much smoother than the auto-framing in RTX, well done!

Slunk

Great results! Just installed and played around with it for a bit. Could come in handy when a zoom is needed but a camera operator is not available.

sebastian88

Thanks for your amazing work. just submitted a review for your plugin on this site. It works quite well but it does slow down my OBS experience. I think this is because I am running a quite old i7 CPU. You are already aware of its shortcomings in terms of CPU and Memory footprint. It would be amazing if the stability and memory/cpu footprint could be optimized in the future. I am sure people here on the forum are open to giving feedback and helping out! This plugin has great potential.

norihiro

Thanks for your amazing work. just submitted a review for your plugin on this site. It works quite well but it does slow down my OBS experience. I think this is because I am running a quite old i7 CPU.
I appreciate your review. It's really encouraging me to continue developing.

StashCat

What does Track Kp/Ki/Td mean? I'm trying to adjust the settings to stop jittering so much, however I am not sure what these specific settings do. Some more documentation would be very much appreciated :)

norihiro

What does Track Kp/Ki/Td mean? I'm trying to adjust the settings to stop jittering so much, however I am not sure what these specific settings do. Some more documentation would be very much appreciated :)
I will create document.
In short, I recommend to reduce Kp.
Kp is a proportional factor. Reducing Kp will result slow response.
Ki and Td should be similar value or Ki should be a little smaller. For example, (Ki, Kd) = (0.30, 0.42), (0.42, 0.42), or something in between.
Ki controls gain if the subject keeps moving the same direction. Larger Ki will results overshoot when the subject stopped.
Td controls response when the subject start moving. Larger Td will quickly respond but introduce unwilling vibration.

norihiro

norihiro updated Face Tracker with a new update entry:

Face Tracker 0.2.0

This is a experimental release of Face Tracker for OBS Studio.
  • Alpha version of PTZ control feature is added.
  • Reset button to reset current object-tracking status as well.
  • New property to always show information. It's useful to make a demo of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hmeneses

download link takes you to the correct face trak page, but download links on download page are for audio pan filter

Cowking

Can't seem to make it work. OBS 26.0.2. Windows 64. Installed many plug-ins before with no issues. Tried to reset PC, installed as admin ect. Filter is just never showing.

RelicSVK

Great plugin, but in my case it continuously takes all my RAM (i have 32GB). I try use default settings same as my own and still it takes continuously all RAM.

norihiro

norihiro updated Face Tracker with a new update entry:

Face Tracker 0.2.2

This is a hotfix release of Face Tracker for OBS Studio.
  • Changes from 0.2.1
    • Fixed a memory access violation on Face Tracker PTZ, which was introduced at 0.2.1.
  • Changes from 0.2.0
    • Fixed a bug of memory leaks. Expecting less memory usage than old versions.
    • Binary for macOS is signed and notarized. Expecting users on macOS 10.15 or later won't see security errors.

Read the rest of this update entry...

norihiro

Great plugin, but in my case it continuously takes all my RAM (i have 32GB). I try use default settings same as my own and still it takes continuously all RAM.
I’m sorry for the bug. I think it is fixed in the release 0.2.2.
Thank you for letting me know. The bug was introduced when I reorganized the code at 0.2.0 from 0.1.2.

norihiro

Can't seem to make it work. OBS 26.0.2. Windows 64. Installed many plug-ins before with no issues. Tried to reset PC, installed as admin ect. Filter is just never showing.
Would you check the log file? If loading a plugin is failed, detailed reason will be reported in the log.
If you don’t mind to send the log, please follow these steps.
  • In OBS select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File.
  • Click Copy URL and then paste the link here or directly send me.

RelicSVK

I’m sorry for the bug. I think it is fixed in the release 0.2.2.
Thank you for letting me know. The bug was introduced when I reorganized the code at 0.2.0 from 0.1.2.

hi, tryed new version and it seems now is not continuosly consuming RAM. Great and fast update. Thank you :)

Hello! First of all, thank you for this great plugin.

I have reduced Kp to have just smooth (and slow movement) if neccessary but I have noticed that the plugin keeps zooming in and out slightly at all times bc of head movement/turning? how can I avoid that?
Current settings:

Kp=0.4
Ki/Td=0.32

Example clip [Twitch]:

Regards

Mille