External capture devices get forgotten and not reconnected

PeteFraser

I have a mobile OBS system for my Church Broadcast and when I plug everything back in again at a new venue, the old settings appear to come up in all the settings dialogs but many of the inputs or outputs don't work.
For instance, I have a Camlink 4k video capture dongle and yesterday the scene which uses it said it was connected to the CamLink input but no video was seen. To make it work I had to deselect the device and re-select it! (Unfortunately I deleted the log for this problem).
My main problem is with audio input and output which again seems to get very confused when I move between venues. I have an external USB audio I/O device - Behringer UCA202 which I connect to monitoring speakers and an external analog mixer. When I start up the audio output does NOT work and the log shows "audio_monitor_init: Failed to activate device: 88890004". I had to turn the audio monitoring for the scene source (Music in attached log file) to "none" and then back to "monitor and output" to make the monitor work. It looks as if either some internal OBS audio routing isn't working or has not been initialised. I attach the log for this problem.
I know the USB device was working as I ran Audacity afterwards and could play out wave files with no problem. OBS was the only app that didn't work.
I do actually love OBS and it would be great to have a fix for this problem as replacing it with the same functional hardware would cost thousands.
I actually run with a Cannon HDM camera, iPhone and iPad with NDI-HX cameras and a Moto-G old phone which gives a great 4 camera solution.

Attachments

• 2020-10-18 18-07-07.txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2020-10-19 19-05-06.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 12