Excellent work!!!

TheVoicz

Considering I have paid for the 2 year extension on Xsplit, and somehow still after 2 years in beta worth, they still haven't gotten it right, especially with their staff lacking any form of knowledge in their forums repeating the same damn answers when being asked questions.

I must ask two things for this program, and you're probably already working on it as it is. Screen Region, an a plug in to put video's into scenes. (Example, main scene, into a video already Q'd up to play in the next scene when I hotkey over)

This is truly what is keeping me from using this wonderful program 100% for my stream!!!

The high detail of most of my games (Sniper Elite/Max Payne/Skyrim) are by far suprising me when I streamed them with Dxtory, I was FLOORED with how crisp they were, it was truly as if nothing was running in the background!!!

Good job whomever has created this. And I swear to this, hold my word, if you add what I have mentioned, I will donate $100 to you, and if this goes retail, I will buy.

Thank you so much, I'm glad someone knows their shit in stream programming!

- http://www.twitch.tv/thevoicz -

TheVoicz

P.S. Only real issue I've had is my audio is like a second off from my camera when I speak? Any hinters for that? Thanks!!!

Krazy

Town drunk
If you think DXtory with OBS is good, make sure you try the built in Game Capture.

Also, for weird webcam audio syncs, you can try the latest test version, but I'm not sure that issue has been quite nailed down yet.

TheVoicz

@Warchamp, I stand corrected, messed around with it... just one more thing to go now with adding video's into the scene.

@Krazy, I've been messing with the game capture, and sometimes it works, other times, it does not. LEGO LOTR works great, but Sniper Elite, Max Payne 3, will not. Not suprised it could be a compatibility issue, but I wouldn't be suprised that it will come later : )

I'm still satisfied with this piece of software. I now can stream at 1080p/60fps. It looks like I'm officially partnered.

micechal

Make sure no other program is hooking into your game, for example Steam Overlay, TeamSpeak Overlay. These will prevent GameCapture from working. Also make sure you're using 32-bit OBS with 32-bit game and 64-bit OBS with 64-bit game :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Thank you very much. I'm glad you could make use of it.

Steam overlay typically is fine, but yea, teamspeak and other apps have definitely has been causing problems for it for some reason. Also I think there's a bug in it that I have to look into as well.

naseem

i'm very satisfied with the development of this software, right now i'm broke xD but as soon as i get back on my feet i'll donate what ever i can to you guys. you deserve it thank you

TheVoicz

Jim said:

Steam overlay typically is fine, but yea, teamspeak and other apps have definitely has been causing problems for it for some reason. Also I think there's a bug in it that I have to look into as well.

Hail Jim! Mad kudos to this fine piece of work sir! Made my broadcasting/streaming life that much easier on my already God like computer. I did see a post about wanted plug in's.. I don't know exactly what it's called, but I can say that if there's any way possible you can somehow place video files into that scene (like xsplit does) I'm definitely using this program 100% completely over it.

Please man, I actually can't wait to donate to you! Thank you again for your hardwork!

Krazy

Town drunk
TheVoicz said:
Jim said:

Hail Jim! Mad kudos to this fine piece of work sir! Made my broadcasting/streaming life that much easier on my already God like computer. I did see a post about wanted plug in's.. I don't know exactly what it's called, but I can say that if there's any way possible you can somehow place video files into that scene (like xsplit does) I'm definitely using this program 100% completely over it.

Please man, I actually can't wait to donate to you! Thank you again for your hardwork!

As a workaround, you can window capture your media player and sub region out the menus and playback controls. This way you can even set up playlists and stuff.

Aiiiiii

Agreed. Open source, free, and in alpha... meaning a lot more features/changes to come. Definitely has lots of potential.

Zephiris

TheVoicz said:
I did see a post about wanted plug in's.. I don't know exactly what it's called, but I can say that if there's any way possible you can somehow place video files into that scene (like xsplit does) I'm definitely using this program 100% completely over it.

If that is all that is keeping you from switching right now, then there is a possible solution that does exactly what you want with a 3rd party program. You could give it a try until video playback is added directly into OBS. The program is called VCam and can be downloaded from http://www.e2esoft.cn/vcam/. This program basically creates a video capture device that you can add into a scene in OBS. The VCam manager can then play videos, images, webcams, and even other streams directly into the OBS scene. I use it myself and it basically fills in any features that OBS is currently missing, which lets me drop xsplit completely. :D

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
The advantage of having it built in natively to OBS, though, would be things like the ability to play the video as soon as you switch to the scene, pause playback when you switch away, etc.

VCam seems like an OK workaround (I believe OBS can capture VLC with Window capture pretty well, too, so there's that option) but the best solution is to have videos supported within OBS itself, so I can understand why people might not want to get VCam just yet.

TheVoicz

KrazyTrumpeter05 said:
TheVoicz said:
Jim said:

As a workaround, you can window capture your media player and sub region out the menus and playback controls. This way you can even set up playlists and stuff.

^Not what I was talking about : )

Imagine how xsplit is set up, drag and drop a video file into the scene. Make it the size you want : )

THIS, would be awesome, you'd probably already have it in the works, so I hope to see it soon!

Krazy

Town drunk
Yes, I know. I said "as a workaround". Using window capture and cropping out the menus, you can adjust size with edit scene too.