EVGA XL1 Lite Capture Card not being recognized in the Video Capture Device Properties

Radscorpion_324

Hello, I've been trying to connect my VCR to OBS to record some VHS tapes, but the device list for video capture devices show nothing except for OBS Virtual Camera, but the HDMI audio does work. My setup is the VCR connected to a component to HDMI converter connected to the EVGA XR1 Lite capture card to my pc by USB. The HDMI out from the capture card does work (displays video and plays audio). Things I have done include:

-Deleting capture card drivers and reinstalling them again
-Updating OBS
-Uninstalling and Reinstalling OBS
-Turning off and on capture card
-Restarting my computer

Thank you for reading my post!

Attachments

• 2022-09-27 23-40-19.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 74

PaiSand

May be an issue on the card, perhaps?

23:40:21.792: Video Capture Device: Video format match failed
23:40:21.792: Video Capture Device: Video configuration failed

Verify you get video and audio correctly in another app, like one provided by evga.
Try another HDMI cable. Is the converter working properly too?

Radscorpion_324

Ok so I've tried the Video Capture Device in Streamlabs OBS, but that doesn't work. I updated the firmware for the capture card and restarted the computer, but it didn't work. I also connected the capture card to my PS3 and PS5 and OBS still didn't recognize the capture card. I then tried connecting the same setup on my first post but instead of my pc, it's a steam deck and It worked! So from this I think it's a software problem my computer is having.

Str8Chillaxin

I know this was asked a while ago, but maybe this can help someone out now. I realized that I had manually turned off camera access a long time ago in Windows privacy settings and simply had to enable it. Basically you just click Start type Camera privacy settings, click that then turn ON camera access. Under that make sure that OBS Studio has camera access turned ON. Hope that helps. You can verify your capture card is working using the Windows camera app from the Microsoft store as a backup.