Question / Help Error while streaming Modern Warfare

iismushy

Hello. I've been streaming for over a year now, and I've never had any issues like this. I can stream FiveM Gta5 for 5 hours easily, but as soon as I switch to COD MW it has an issue. After streaming cod for about an hour, my stream stops and OBS tells me an error occurred while encoding the stream. This has only happened when on COD MW.

PC Specs:
2080ti
i9-9900k
32gb ram

I have no issues with the actual stream, no lag, no problems at all, this happens suddenly..

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/EV0E07Pc6A-_TGci

Attachments

• 2020-01-12 20-19-16.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 36

carlmmii

Monitor your VRAM, you're running into a known issue with MW where it's causing issues with other hardware accelerated programs (including OBS, and even Chrome). If you are running into an issue where you're running out of VRAM, try lowering your graphics settings (specifically texture resolution).

On the OBS side, I would recommend disabling Look Ahead and PsychoVisual tuning.

I would also recommend turning Game DVR off, and making sure you don't have the Nvidia Highlights enabled in-game... just trying to make sure none of this is caused by trying to use too many NVenc sessions.

iismushy

Monitor your VRAM, you're running into a known issue with MW where it's causing issues with other hardware accelerated programs (including OBS, and even Chrome). If you are running into an issue where you're running out of VRAM, try lowering your graphics settings (specifically texture resolution).

On the OBS side, I would recommend disabling Look Ahead and PsychoVisual tuning.

I would also recommend turning Game DVR off, and making sure you don't have the Nvidia Highlights enabled in-game... just trying to make sure none of this is caused by trying to use too many NVenc sessions.
I lowered graphics in game. Look Ahead/ PhychoVisual doesnt exist anymore in obs? I couldnt find it ANYWHERE... Same goes with DVR. I cant find that on my pc.

iismushy

Just got this today:

19:58:10.441: ==== Streaming Start ===============================================
20:15:33.234: User switched to scene 'ZOom'
20:15:48.102: User switched to scene 'Scene'
20:50:57.278: User switched to scene 'ZOom'
20:50:59.876: User switched to scene 'Scene'
02:56:52.414: error: Failed locking bitstream buffer: invalid param (8)
02:56:52.414: [NVENC encoder: 'streaming_h264'] nvenc_encode: Error encoding: Invalid argument
02:56:52.414: Error encoding with encoder 'streaming_h264'
02:56:52.414: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Encoder error, disconnecting
02:56:52.415: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
02:56:52.415: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 1507104 (1507292 attempted)
02:56:52.415: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 1506929 (1507356 attempted)
02:56:52.415: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 427 (0.0%)
02:56:52.415: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 188 (0.0%)
02:56:52.416: warning: 2 frames left in the queue on closing
02:56:52.418: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================
02:59:25.775: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 46 milliseconds (source: Mic/Aux)
02:59:25.775:

BluePeer

have similar issues with another older game after time i got the Invalid argument
i reduced the view range and the shadow quality bottom 1 step
gpu load and vram still the same like before (displayed) but the error is gone

for me its feel like a "hardware" internal "allocated/reserved memory" error like nvenc and the "gpu" ask at the same time the same last X MB
its only a tipp but try reduce hiload settings from the game like 2or3 1-2 step down each like shadows / render distance / or just for try all on medium if you play on maxsettings then you can confirm thats i call it "peakload crash" is the problem and you can try step by step how hi you can go but remember map/areas are different so go not to high up then you risk to get the same issue back on other maps with more peakloads