EOS Webcam Utility Not Working

Hessviin

Hello, when trying to use the EOS Webcam utility obs freezes and closes, I cannot interact with, delete, or even change to another scene that has the sources for the canon eos webcam utility without OBS closing immedietly. Crash logs say something about qt6widgets.dll

Attachments

• Crash 2023-01-10 03-34-47.txt
    305.1 KB · Views: 68

Jim Messenger

Are you running the Canon EosWemCam Utility basic version or the Pro version ? I cannot get either to work with my PC. BUT ..... when I tried the Pro version I got the problem you have with hanging and crashing. If I removed the background app with Task Manager then OBS sprung back into life. Also you must remove the Canon Photo Transfer Utility - that is a known clash. As I posted on another thread. I can get OBS and the Canon 760 cam working perfectly on two laptops. So the software does work. But this PC resists all hacks.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm a (annoyed) Canon shooter. I had a much older version of EOS webcam working fine. The real issue is Canon themselves - completely incompetent coding approach (presume outsourced, but maybe hand-off to new-hires/interns?). EOS webcam software has ALWAYS been poorly written, unstable, immature, and unreliable.
Unless you have a fairly new camera, you are working at USB2 speeds and therefore highly limited resolution. If your camera (model specific) has clean HDMI out, that is often the better approach that USB/EOS webcam util (and that is also true of any older DSLR with a USB2 interface)