Encoding problems streaming F1 2020

Benvaulter

Hey everyone,

I have searched a lot and tried many different things to solve my OBS issue, which is rendering issue due to encoding problems. I stream F1 2020 (and all other F1 games before that) and use OBS for that.

Despite having very capable hardware (check the attached log), I still have trouble streaming 1920x1080p at 60 FPS. I see many other streamers having no problems at all streaming at those settings and from what i know their hardware - at least on paper - is equal or less performant than mine. I am struggling to find a solution to this issue.

What helped was definetly related to graphical performance. Lowering the detail settings first from ultra (which was no problem at all delivering > 100 FPS smooth game play on my end) to high and ultimately to medium helped. Still I find myself seeing problems with encoding. Funny thing - usually, the encoding gets problem when I am entering game menus (not the actual gameplay). Another thing that helped a little was limiting the frames to ~90 within the game settings.

Still, from my understanding it should be no problem to stream the game at full hd 60fps with high settings when looking at the hardware. Any idea? Any help is much appreciated! Let me know if any further information can help! Thanks

Attachments

• 2020-08-03 22-15-42.txt
    33.3 KB · Views: 193

qhobbes

1. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
2. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
3. Run OBS as Admin
4. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.

Benvaulter

Hi there, thank you so much for the quick reply.

I followed your steps and after a quick test stream (https://obsproject.com/logs/1qOae5CbC3YWZBKS). everything seems to be working out great even after setting the graphics back up to ultra. It seemed like the combination of windows update + admin mode helped sort things out. Thank you so much!

Quick note: I left the game mode "OFF", since I read in many other threads that it might affect performance.

Again thanks!

qhobbes

Good to hear. Although you don't have any dropped frames please be aware that in many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.