Encoding overload

loafin

This is just 1 log. But I've been having GPU and Encoding overload at around 0.4% for a long time now. My games have always felt off when I record. I thought it was just performance anxiety, but I did blind tests and can 100% of the time tell when I'm recording or not. My aim just feels off. It feels limited and somehow slower and just laggy. The game also feels like people see me a few frames ahead of time and they move in unrealistic ways sometimes.

The main games I play are Apex Legends, Valorant, and Cod. This log is just cod, but the overload % is about the same. I tried limiting my frames on Valorant to 200 and I still get 0.2% overload. If I can't run Valorant at 200 fps then I certainly can't expect to run apex or COD while recording either. I have a 240hz monitor so I do not want to have to cap my frames at say 144.

Any guidance on what I can do or what parts I need to upgrade in order to get rid of this issue. I always hit cool clips when I'm not recording and I get sad that I'll never get to rewatch what I just did. Then I start recording and I just play significantly worse and never hit anything.

This is my exact build. https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali536/p...Notification-Responsive-USA-_-N82E16883360141

I thought a 3070 would be able to handle recording without lag. Maybe 0.4% is a small amount. My friends seem to have no issue recording their own gameplay with similar or worse systems. But I can 100% feel a noticeable difference of how my game feels when I'm recording. Again any help or guidance would make me eternally grateful. Thank you to whoever reads or helps.

Also another thing. I've tried a few different settings out. Somehow changing downscaling from 720p to 960x540 did nothing. I switched to NVENC HVENC from NVENC H.64 and that seemed to help a bit, but the issue is still there. I switched to CQP from CBR and that also seemed to improve my situation, but still not completely. I used to have 1% gpu and encoding overload. Now I have it down to 0.4%-0.2%. But obviously I really hope to have 0 overload.

loafin

This is just 1 log. But I've been having GPU and Encoding overload at around 0.4% for a long time now. My games have always felt off when I record. I thought it was just performance anxiety, but I did blind tests and can 100% of the time tell when I'm recording or not. My aim just feels off. It feels limited and somehow slower and just laggy. The game also feels like people see me a few frames ahead of time and they move in unrealistic ways sometimes.

The main games I play are Apex Legends, Valorant, and Cod. This log is just cod, but the overload % is about the same. I tried limiting my frames on Valorant to 200 and I still get 0.2% overload. If I can't run Valorant at 200 fps then I certainly can't expect to run apex or COD while recording either. I have a 240hz monitor so I do not want to have to cap my frames at say 144.

Any guidance on what I can do or what parts I need to upgrade in order to get rid of this issue. I always hit cool clips when I'm not recording and I get sad that I'll never get to rewatch what I just did. Then I start recording and I just play significantly worse and never hit anything.

This is my exact build. https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali536/p...Notification-Responsive-USA-_-N82E16883360141

I thought a 3070 would be able to handle recording without lag. Maybe 0.4% is a small amount. My friends seem to have no issue recording their own gameplay with similar or worse systems. But I can 100% feel a noticeable difference of how my game feels when I'm recording. Again any help or guidance would make me eternally grateful. Thank you to whoever reads or helps.

Also another thing. I've tried a few different settings out. Somehow changing downscaling from 720p to 960x540 did nothing. I switched to NVENC HVENC from NVENC H.64 and that seemed to help a bit, but the issue is still there. I switched to CQP from CBR and that also seemed to improve my situation, but still not completely. I used to have 1% gpu and encoding overload. Now I have it down to 0.4%-0.2%. But obviously I really hope to have 0 overload.
Another thing to add. I tried watching my task manager while playing games and recording just to see what my gpu and cpu % was. It seemed like neither ever got close to 99 or 100%. CPU rarely goes past 50-60. GPU would usually be around 60-80. Might jump to 99 or something when I die and it acts weird. But that was rare. So I'm very confused as to why my games feel so different and why there's an overload issue.

loafin

Does this happen on when you game on your 60 Hz screen?
I haven't tried on my 60hz screen just because my 240hz screen at its worst would still feel 10x better than my 60hz. But are you saying I should try that just to see if it would possibly get rid of the encoder overload?