Question / Help Encoding Overload

Scrubuli

Every time I try to record the game I am playing I keep getting encoding overload issues. I'm very new to using OBS and have tried looking everywhere for info on how to fix it but nothing seems to fix it. When I recorded using shadowplay in the past I never had any issues. That leads me to believe that it isn't my hardware limitations but I could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BionicClick

hi,

it appears you are attempting to use x264 as your stream encoder. choose NVENC in the steam settings on OBS and use your video card to encode instead. it does not interfere with your games.

also, if you do not have a really beast mode PC using x264 will overpower your computer especially if playing a game.
Capture.PNG

Scrubuli

That helps so much!! Thank you!
hi,

it appears you are attempting to use x264 as your stream encoder. choose NVENC in the steam settings on OBS and use your video card to encode instead. it does not interfere with your games.

also, if you do not have a really beast mode PC using x264 will overpower your computer especially if playing a game.
View attachment 54946
That helps so much thanks!!!!