Encoding overload despite changing settings

moonlightmelodies

Before I explain everything else I'm only using obs for recording gameplay as I don't stream.

I've been trying to record some gameplay of genshin on my laptop (asus vivobook 15) but I keep geeting 'encoding overload' every time I record. I change settings for both obs and genshin but it's still there. Don't know what to do plus obs is very technical for my brain to handle-

PaiSand

moonlightmelodies

Before I explain everything else I'm only using obs for recording gameplay as I don't stream.

I've been trying to record some gameplay of genshin on my laptop (asus vivobook 15) but I keep geeting 'encoding overload' every time I record. I change settings for both obs and genshin but it's still there. Don't know what to do plus obs is very technical for my brain to handle-

PaiSand

Run OBS as Admin.
Please run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) selecting hardware as preferred encoder and 1080p for resolution. Apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change anything.
Restart OBS (!important)
Notice you're now on simple output mode. Keep it this way. You don't need advanced output unless you know what you're going.
Please perform a test recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do. The longer the better.
Change the quality presets to a better one and test again.
If everything goes well, you're done. If not, please post that log file again in here.

Keep always the iGPU driver updated.
Most antivirus programs are too intrusive and constantly causes issues. As long as you have a healthy behavior online you don't need nothing more than the Windows antivirus.
Also, consider to add more RAM. You're sharing the RAM with the video, so you may need 16Gb more.

rockbottom